Sign in to follow this  

First post and fcr question

Hello everyone, let me start off by saying this has to be the most informative website I've ever come across. Anyways I just recently bought my first bike, A 2007 DR-Z400sm with 2000 miles and a MRD Standard exhaust. First item I installed was a Yoshimura Fender Eliminator, and that brings me to my first question, does the aftermarket LED blinkers mount ok on the supplied bracket? It seems that the mounting holes are a bit large. Also thanks to a lot of positive reviews I just purchased the FCR MX 39mm TT kit with the extended fuel screw. My question for that would be, will I need to add a leaner pilot jet given that I'm only using the standard MRD full exhaust or will it be open enough for the supplied 160? And finally I also just ordered the Acerbis sm front fender, and Trail Tech X2 halogen dual sport headlight. My final few questions would be, is there a way to have both lights on for the high beams? Also given that I will have to drop the forks, how do you guys jack the bike up, I've already spent too much money and was curious if there is a homemade solution for this? Thanks

FCR MX 39mm TT kit with the extended fuel screw. My question for that would be, will I need to add a leaner pilot jet given that I'm only using the standard MRD full exhaust or will it be open enough for the supplied 160? Also given that I will have to drop the forks, how do you guys jack the bike up, I've already spent too much money and was curious if there is a homemade solution for this? Thanks

i think you're a little confused.you mean the "main Jet".the pilot jet is for idle and slightly after where it transitions to the needle.you'll have to do some full throttle blasts to see what size works best but i would pick up a few main jets like a 155,158 and go from there.the carb comes as a kit so you have to set it up before installing it.the instaructions are in the drz faq forum.

you can prop the bike up on a homemade wooden or metal stand and lash the frame down to it while doing any suspension work.just make sure you make it tall enough.an mx type stand can be had pretty reasonable as well as a decent bike lift from sears,costco,sam's club,harbor freight,northern hydraulics etc.just to name a few.i use a larin for all my toys and it works really well for what it is.

Yes you can wire the LO beam to be on with the HI beam. Several ways: A diode jumper between the Hi and LO. Or a relay controlled by the Hi circuit. Or even 2 relays, 1 to power the Hi and LO together direct from the battery and the 2nd to connect the beams together when Hi is selected.

i think you're a little confused.you mean the "main Jet".the pilot jet is for idle and slightly after where it transitions to the needle.you'll have to do some full throttle blasts to see what size works best but i would pick up a few main jets like a 155,158 and go from there.the carb comes as a kit so you have to set it up before installing it.the instaructions are in the drz faq forum.

you can prop the bike up on a homemade wooden or metal stand and lash the frame down to it while doing any suspension work.just make sure you make it tall enough.an mx type stand can be had pretty reasonable as well as a decent bike lift from sears,costco,sam's club,harbor freight,northern hydraulics etc.just to name a few.i use a larin for all my toys and it works really well for what it is.

Yes, sorry I meant main. I guess every bike and conditions are different I'll have to wait and see, and I guess I should just get a proper stand/lift oh well I'll just have to hide it from the wife just like the FCR and headlight :thumbsup:

Yes you can wire the LO beam to be on with the HI beam. Several ways: A diode jumper between the Hi and LO. Or a relay controlled by the Hi circuit. Or even 2 relays, 1 to power the Hi and LO together direct from the battery and the 2nd to connect the beams together when Hi is selected.

Ahh good idea. I shall use a relay. Thanks

3x3 mod, open pipe,39Fcrmx..for near sea level

jetting as below...

160 main jet should be fine..

200 main air jet

EMN needle

clip 3

45 pilot jet

Remove pilot air jet

2 turns fuel screw

Perform this test to confirm your pilot jet size...http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405

O ring or wire the accelerator pump linkage solid and turn the timing screw in a half turn ..

DSCN4146.jpg

FCRO-Ring3.jpg?t=1302429145

Will do, thanks for the help. You guys rock