84 cr125? price

thinking about picking up a 84 cr125 for 100$ all in peaces and needs a top end ?:thumbsup:

Not worth it. So you better send me the sellers info :thumbsup:

I've seen a lot of "all it needs isa..." bikes from sellers. If it truly only needs a top end, then sure, 100 bones is worth it. Most likely, it will need much more than that- brake pads, bottom end, radiators are destroyed, etc, etc.

Take a very good look at this bike, and budget out what it will cost you in time and parts, then decide from there.

Just remember that an 84 is nearly 30 years old. You stated already that the bike is currently in pieces. What does that mean? Well, frankly it means that it isn't running. Your "top end" could turn into a full restoration which would cost you thousands of dollars and an 84 will not be easy to find parts for. The only person who can answer the question of "is it worth it" is you because only you will know how much is a good price to spend getting an 84 running safely.

Check the water pump cover, these are magnesium and its common they are rotted out.

Getting harder to find parts for these, could take a lot of time searching pieces as well as $

If you pass on it let me know sellers info pls. thanks

Check the water pump cover, these are magnesium and its common they are rotted out.

Getting harder to find parts for these, could take a lot of time searching pieces as well as $

If you pass on it let me know sellers info pls. thanks

ya no problem ,

I'm currently doing a restore on a 84 CR 125 that I bought non-running, but together (except missing front brake/calip/disc & swingarm chain slider).

I have gone through every bolt, bearing, etc and have a long list of parts that I have bought (new & used). I have over $900 in it and it is about 1/2 way put together. I bought the bike for $180 bucks.

I have never heard it run, but it looks sweet at the moment...lol

So $100 is a good deal, restoring it is costly. I figure I'll have close to $1500 in it before I kick it over for the first time.

The sadest thing about it (or maybe the best part) is as soon as it fires up it is being gifted to my 17 yr old daughter.

Depending what you want to do with it (the 84 your thinkin of getting) and how much you can dump into it should be the deciding factor.

If I knew I was going to have $1,500 in this bike(before hearing it run) when I bought it for $180 I would have never done it.

I'm currently doing a restore on a 84 CR 125 that I bought non-running, but together (except missing front brake/calip/disc & swingarm chain slider).

I have gone through every bolt, bearing, etc and have a long list of parts that I have bought (new & used). I have over $900 in it and it is about 1/2 way put together. I bought the bike for $180 bucks.

I have never heard it run, but it looks sweet at the moment...lol

So $100 is a good deal, restoring it is costly. I figure I'll have close to $1500 in it before I kick it over for the first time.

The sadest thing about it (or maybe the best part) is as soon as it fires up it is being gifted to my 17 yr old daughter.

Depending what you want to do with it (the 84 your thinkin of getting) and how much you can dump into it should be the deciding factor.

If I knew I was going to have $1,500 in this bike(before hearing it run) when I bought it for $180 I would have never done it.

This is exactly why buying an old restoration project has to be about the love of that particular bike. It will never be worth the money he put into it. Having said that, restoring an old bike is absolutely sweet if done right. I love it when guys put something like this back together, bringing it back from the dead :thumbsup:

im currently restoring a 85 cr 125 theres alot of stuff on ebay for early crs

go to bike pics -find nice picture of the restored bike save as wallpaper stare at picture daily get obsessed start putting it out there ha ha :thumbsup:

go to bike pics -find nice picture of the restored bike save as wallpaper stare at picture daily get obsessed start putting it out there ha ha :confused:

ya i was just looking for a project for the summer :thumbsup: