2001 jug fit on 99 ??

I will wok fine but you need the 01 powervalve too.Also the center powervalve needs to be cut to clear the bigger bore piston. You should also put a 94-98 1'st gear in it too as the 99-01 had a very high 1'st gear. Good luck.

Ed

I'm using that same combination 01 250 cylinder on my 99. the 01 cylinder doesn't have as much overrev or topend compared the 99 cylinder, Another consideration if you're going to use the 01 you'll need the 01 reed block as Kawasaki narrowed it in 2001. FYI the 01 cylinder has a smaller main exhaust port but larger sub exhaust ports and smaller intake.

If you use a FMF gnarly pipe the difference between them is hardly noticeable, Still a fun bike to ride.. the 98 ignition swap is usable but I like the 99 ignition better for the broader power with nice overrun capability ?

Thanks ! I found a 01 block so I thought I would use that for a big bore kit.But the way it looks I will just go back to stock cant get ahold of the big bore people and now its making more problems than helping out so might leave it stock.

what about the 98 ignition on a 94-95? will it fit and also give it better over-rev?

maybe 98 ignition is a good update as the 98 are renown for having the sweetest powerband back in the day.. but to run like a 98 you need more than the ignition.

Add the Carb, reeds and pipe. that's a load of parts needed.... perhaps cheaper if you wanted more top end....use a FMF fatty or PC pipe

maybe 98 ignition is a good update as the 98 are renown for having the sweetest powerband back in the day.. but to run like a 98 you need more than the ignition.

Add the Carb, reeds and pipe. that's a load of parts needed.... perhaps cheaper if you wanted more top end....use a FMF fatty or PC pipe

my bike already has an flying machine factory fatty pipe and spark arrestor. i got the bike in a basket basicly. i already put a complete bottom end in it and going to over bore the top end if i win the wiseco piston on ebay. i also plan to add v force 3 reeds and run the stock carb. i was going to port and polish the cylinder before i sent it out for a replate and cut the head but with gas prices, i may hold off. it needs alot of work to bring her back to riding condition. need a frame, certain nuts and bolts, every suspension bearing except steering, levers, bar, plastic, tires....but its coming along. plus i dont have to money to go out and buy a new or used running bike that just needs gas, so im doing what i can to piece this bike together on a limited budget.