B50 universal fender and pics of smashed fender

So I raced the TR5MX for the first time today.

Early Sportsman Stock 500 Intermediate- 2nd place

Sportsman 500 Intermediate- 5th

Open Age Intermediate- 3rd

Well I smashed the rear fender by over shooting and flat landing a jump. I did this several times until the back half(after the rear hoop) left the bike. So instead of getting a new fender and breaking it yet again, I am thinking of just a black universal plastic fenders. Anyone know a good website to look for this?

Edited by canammx1

I was talking to some vintage trials guys Saturday at the nationals about fenders. One said he got his for about 30 or 40 bucks and I seem to remember he said from a place in Colorado. About that time the pros started showing up at the section and I forgot all the details he had told me.

need a pic of fender that broke, and some measurements at mounting-----on my tt600 i used a front fender from a dr650 cut in half and mounted backwards (front of fender pointed to rear)

need a pic of fender that broke, and some measurements at mounting-----on my tt600 i used a front fender from a dr650 cut in half and mounted backwards (front of fender pointed to rear)

Definitely will take a pic. I found one from acerbis. Just need to get measurements.

So I raced the TR5MX for the first time today.

Early Sportsman Stock 500 Intermediate- 2nd place

Sportsman 500 Intermediate- 5th

Open Age Intermediate- 3rd

Well I smashed the rear fender by over shooting and flat landing a jump. I did this several times until the back half(after the rear hoop) left the bike. So instead of getting a new fender and breaking it yet again, I am thinking of just a black universal plastic fenders. Anyone know a good website to look for this?

Matt Hilgenberg at Speed and Sport has a full length white universal that I put on my B50. He has some other universals too that you can get in black.

http://www.speedandsport.com/parts/fenders/?ccm_paging_p=2

Are you number 450? I was at Crooked River this weekend, a great event.:thumbsup:

Matt Hilgenberg at Speed and Sport has a full length white universal that I put on my B50. He has some other universals too that you can get in black.

http://www.speedandsport.com/parts/fenders/?ccm_paging_p=2

Are you number 450? I was at Crooked River this weekend, a great event.:thumbsup:

Yes I am 450. It was a great event. Found an old front fender that will work well turned around until I figure out just what I want to do. Funny thing, I was talking to Matt Hilgenberg at the trials sections Saturday, just didn't know who he was. :confused:

So here is the fender I managed to break

bikepics-2199779-full.jpg

Here is the bike with an old front fender I painted black and mounted backwards. The bike is still muddy from yesterday.

bikepics-2199780-full.jpg

Hmm, doesn't look horrible.....

Nice b50! Good to see some young people riding the old iron. I think the fender looks fine, ride it as is.

Nice b50! Good to see some young people riding the old iron. I think the fender looks fine, ride it as is.

Me and my grandfather race together, so he got me into it, but now I am hooked. Here are some pics of me racing from the AHRMA NW website.

bikepics-2199781-full.jpg

bikepics-2199782-full.jpg

Speed & Sport may be the place the guy was telling me about Saturday. I'll be getting a set of universals from them. Thanks for the info.

Here is the bike with an old front fender I painted black and mounted backwards. The bike is still muddy from yesterday.

bikepics-2199780-full.jpg

Hmm, doesn't look horrible.....

Alex - You can get footpeg brackets for a Triumph TR5T that move the pegs back an inch. Makes the bike a little more comfortable for us big guys. I used the brackets and then lowered the pegs about an inch to make it easier on my knees.

Alex - You can get footpeg brackets for a Triumph TR5T that move the pegs back an inch. Makes the bike a little more comfortable for us big guys. I used the brackets and then lowered the pegs about an inch to make it easier on my knees.

Thanks I will look into that, I stand at 6' 238 pounds, so any room is welcome. :thumbsup:

Thanks I will look into that, I stand at 6' 238 pounds, so any room is welcome. :thumbsup:

You're just a little guy...

You're just a little guy...

Um, sure.......6' isn't short, but not unusually tall. I used to weigh 265 though.

Edited by canammx1