Sign in to follow this  

How many Kilometers on average from a tank

Hello members,

Just wondering how many kilometers ya get from one tank of gas.

This does not included using the reserve and my bike is completely stock.

Just wondering cause I was out for a ride yesterday and ran out at 160K.

Thanks.

About 100miles, so yeah not far off 160kms, depends on if i rag it or not! but saying that it still doesn't differ too much. About 60% street 40% dirt

i dont use my bike for commuteing what so ever, therefore i often get 120km until reserve. riden hard that is.

Stock s and sm motors get zero benefit from high octane fuel. Unless you have increased the motors compression ratio you should be running regular octane fuel, in the U.S that is 85, Europe calculates octane differently so it's a few points higher. "premium" fuel is a misnomer and is not higher quality then "regular" just higher octane.

Totally off topic now, but at least here in Canada the premium is ethanol free and to me that is worth the few extra cents to fill the bike. I had a Clarke tank that held around 16 litres on mine and that was good for around 320kms of Baja off road riding.

i usually get between 80 to 90 miles before my engine dies and i have to switch to reserve. i generally have to put in 1.9 gals to fill it up after hitting reserve if i am close to gas station. i generally seem to get about 45 mpg, though that varies a bit depending on what type of riding i have been doing. (city commuting vs. highway trips--and level of aggressiveness...off road is a completely different story.)

S model with 14/44 gearing, dunlop 606s, several extra pounds on the bike from stock (bash plate, etc.). and more than several extra pounds on the rider compared to the statistical average in america.

"premium" fuel is a misnomer

certainly is...to the point of being false advertising.

if anything, one could argue that gas that is harder to burn is, um, the opposite of 'premium'. :thumbsup:

my bike (434 w/ fcr) averages right around 42 - 45 mpg. doesn't seem to matter if its on or off road.

Mine with 14/41 gearing was 70 miles to reserve (ridden hard)

Now with 14/47, 60 miles to reserve (again ridden hard)

All were on road commuting miles (B roads)

Check out my clip of the daily commute:

Stock s and sm motors get zero benefit from high octane fuel. Unless you have increased the motors compression ratio you should be running regular octane fuel, in the U.S that is 85, Europe calculates octane differently so it's a few points higher. "premium" fuel is a misnomer and is not higher quality then "regular" just higher octane.

i must say i dont know the science behind it , but i most certainly notice the difference between regular unleaded and the high octane premium. the feels very sluggish when i run the cheap stuff .... my 2c

hmmm, I have stock 08 sm and I sometimes have to switch at 100 - 110km. Max I got was about 135km I think.

We have 95 and 93 octane and I didn't notice any difference, so I am using 93 now.

I only commute and street.