Sign in to follow this  

Primm GP w/Dyna Ring

This was my second ride and first race after installing the DynaRing. Posting since there has been some talk about how it works here. Not quite use to it yet. Does slip at first then engage quickly, so made me cautious through the sand and hard-packed turns. Also tried a 2nd gear start with 14/48 gearing... didn't work too well. :confused:

Part 1

Part 2

I actually have 4 vids of the race, but here are two. Nice wreck at the end of part 2. :thumbsup:

The others just show little kids passing me. LMAO.

This was my second ride and first race after installing the DynaRing. Posting since there has been some talk about how it works here. Not quite use to it yet. Does slip at first then engage quickly, so made me cautious through the sand and hard-packed turns. Also tried a 2nd gear start with 14/48 gearing... didn't work too well. :confused:

Part 1

Part 2

I actually have 4 vids of the race, but here are two. Nice wreck at the end of part 2. :thumbsup:

The others just show little kids passing me. LMAO.

This was the problem I was having: it never engaged consistently enough to trust it, and really get on the throttle. I was always second guessing it. I nearly looped it a few times.

I tried several different preload spring combination, but never did get it right.

I did have the springs asymetrical at first, but changing that made no difference.

No matter what air gap I gave it (1.0 was best) it always acted strange.

Totally useless on very steep, very slow uphills. I eventually burned the plates. I tried fresher outer fibers, and even dyno oil.

It got better, but not fixed.

I never got one phone call or email returned from Revloc. I had to call and call and call until someone finally decided to pick up the phone. I ordered new steels, but three weeks later, still no plates.

I switched to the Reckluse EXP 2.0.

Feels better, works better, better built, same price.

I engages smooth, and early, and never slips unless I am in a gear too high. It slips so predictably, that I can corner in a gear too high and slam the throttle and just power out, no wheel spin. Feels bizarre at first, but when you pass someone in a sketchy slippery corner with no 'fishtail' they are very curious as to how you did that!

Krannie, I think I feeling a bit of what you are describing. I know I can break the rear loose in turns but when it happens under hard throttle might be consistent but I haven't figured it out yet. It's not immediate so throttle control feels strange. Not sure how much I can apply before the rear starts to go or I expect it to happen sooner than it does. There were a few times where I had some walk offs because I cracked the throttle to pull out of some soft turns but the bike just didn't engage like I'm use to. Not saying it won't work with these races, but will take some getting use to and maybe a change in riding style (if you call the way I ride a style). :thumbsup:

I might go back to a 13/48 gearing so the RPMs are higher with the speeds (or lack there of) that I ride at. At higher RPMs it does feel just like stock engagement to me.

As a side note I put in new friction plates and have the gap set at 1.0 mm when installed. So, I'm probably feeling what you stated as "better".

Well I took a shot to the giggle berries, but got back on and finished the race after a 2 or 3 min delay. Took it slow after that, some youngster on a KTM 85cc passed me after that. LOL. I passed him back though. LMAO

I only have some scrapes and bruises on my inner thigh after the gas cap issue. LOL

Glad you're OK....Race looked fun. A friend of mine raced it and said it was fast and took lots of concentration to stay on the gas the whole time.