Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Villopoto **2011 SX Champ**

He deserves the championship after a ride like that :thumbsup:

I reckon he was coming after Stewart, and would have passed him.

Showing everybody that he earned this championship

what does he need a 5th or better? Anything can happen, but he is in a good position for sure!

what does he need a 5th or better? Anything can happen, but he is in a good position for sure!

I think (impo that is) RV is not going to come out at Vegas with "guns a-blaze'n" but rather ride as conservative as he possibly can without letting Reed & Dungy moving way out front in positions. Im pulling for RV but even though Im not at all a Reed fan I think if he can pull it off he damn well deserves it!

RV2 deserves this one...hopefully he'll get it!:thumbsup:

Its even more accurate to say that "RV2 earned this one..."

No matter who you favorite is, you gotta admit that this was a pretty exciting season.

Everyone rode good at times, everyone rode bad at times.

One more week to go, then we can get ready to cheer on everyone for the outdoors.

true, Anyone that wins it this year deserves it! If for no other reason than having to put up with shaheen burying his nose into everyones jewels all year like a greyhound at a meet and greet.

He deserves the championship after a ride like that :confused:

I reckon he was coming after Stewart, and would have passed him.

Showing everybody that he earned this championship

+ 1 :thumbsup: RV was the fastest man on the track

It's been a weird year.

RD's chain derailment

RV having a rider in front hit the kill switch and take him out.

CR and JS with multiple crashes.

I wouldn't bet the farm on the Las Vegas race outcome.

The biggest change is I'm liking Stewart and CR more than I have in years.

RV's best chances are to go for the holeshot, avoid the pile up, go for the win, but who cares is JS, CR, or RD are ahead of him. After the first few laps, he can put it into cruise control.

Reed would be a true champion coming out of this. Privateer team built up while having a new baby and all the odds against him. That is what the sport is really about. Not MONSTER ENERGY and factory team super dollars.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

A quote George Holland, from back in 1988, that pertains to Villimoto after Salt Lake, "The fat lady isn't singing yet, she is definately humming though"

'poto is looking good for the championship and is already conceding a race win at Vegas knowing he doesn't need to risk everything for a win there. Watch his podium interview at SLC, he says it and even tries to correct himself.

It's very difficult to bet against him now. But, we have seen crazier things happen this season.

Just like every previous season of AMA SX, the champion this year is deserving and will have earned it.

I realize Vegas is going to be a sweet as Erin's bra wire, but I'm kinda disappointed the season is ending already. Its been awesome!

I like Dungey's comment that he's just going to have to go for the win in Vegas. I'm a big Dungey fan, but I don't see that happening. He has been rock solid this year, and probably would have won the title without the dnf. But, that would have depended on the incredible amount of inconsistency from the rest of the field this year, which is not the norm. I wonder if he'll change his strategy, or just realize that he rides the way he rides, and will win some and lose some.

It's been amazing to see Villapoto and Stewart both come back from injuries this year to be the fastest guys. (although inconsistent) Villapoto's leg injury was really bad, and Stewart broke the same bone that Rick Johnson never really came back from, I believe. (I also broke the navicular bone in my wrist when I was a racing as a teenager in the early 80's)

I don't know if it's the improvements in medical care, the better fitness, or a combination of the two which allow this. Pretty amazing.

i will be happy with him winning the championship they he rode this weekend. I have been waiting for his sprints for a while. ride smart and be aware of take outs etc should be ok.

i wonder if its safer to get the holeshot and check out or maybe a mid pack start to let the other guys get up front. beware of tbone take out. 5th or better isnt a lot of room. He can get out front early but starts to fade towards the end allowing reed to come and nail him. id like to see the track layout.

sorry pacquiao mosley fight i got something else to watch that doesnt cost $50.

I could see Reed attempting a take out move on RV like he did a couple years ago in Vegas with Stewart. Who knows maybe RD or Stewart could win if they collide hard. It is not over till the fat lady sings.

Sorry... not happening. :confused:

Please send me the numbers for the Powerball, also if you could let me know what futures are going to be hot.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like Dungey's comment that he's just going to have to go for the win in Vegas. I'm a big Dungey fan, but I don't see that happening. He has been rock solid this year, and probably would have won the title without the dnf. But, that would have depended on the incredible amount of inconsistency from the rest of the field this year, which is not the norm. I wonder if he'll change his strategy, or just realize that he rides the way he rides, and will win some and lose some.

It's been amazing to see Villapoto and Stewart both come back from injuries this year to be the fastest guys. (although inconsistent) Villapoto's leg injury was really bad, and Stewart broke the same bone that Rick Johnson never really came back from, I believe. (I also broke the navicular bone in my wrist when I was a racing as a teenager in the early 80's)

I don't know if it's the improvements in medical care, the better fitness, or a combination of the two which allow this. Pretty amazing.

I think McGrath broke the same bone and came back , so it probably depends on how it's broke