Sign in to follow this  

Show us your Swingarm

OK People

I decided to tidy up the swingarm and remove the 2 lugs for the chain guard but failed to get into my head the swingarm finish.

On filing down the first one I've got a lovely polished ally look but the coating on the rest of the arm looks fooked and I dont really want a polished arm.

So my question is really a show us your swingarms for inspiration.

- Here is a video of a build I am doing,,, chain guard removed and polished, as a test I put this Vinyl Carbon Wrap over the polished left arm, and the right is just a high polish finish, the black-out painted part is a color shifting EFFEX paint, in the shade looks black, but in bright sun the EFFEX shine :thumbsup:

-The point is the vinly wrap, they make all colors, not just carbon, maybe wrap it in a nice siver it would hide scratches, ect, would work on body plastic too. maybe make it look like wood or stone, maybe beer-cans or camo,,,

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/8YQmnfL7aVc?hd=1

i cut mine off but you can still see where it was even though i stepped down from 220 grit to 600 grit to match the brush of the rest of the swingarm. all you can see now are where welds were because the heat of the weld actually changed the color of that small area. from 10 feet you cant see and i think it looks much better. i hit it with some clear coat so i wouldnt have to keep polishing dirt and chain lube off of it (...as much)

- Here is a video of a build I am doing,,, chain guard removed and polished, as a test I put this Vinyl Carbon Wrap over the polished left arm, and the right is just a high polish finish, the black-out painted part is a color shifting EFFEX paint, in the shade looks black, but in bright sun the EFFEX shine :thumbsup:

-The point is the vinly wrap, they make all colors, not just carbon, maybe wrap it in a nice siver it would hide scratches, ect, would work on body plastic too. maybe make it look like wood or stone, maybe beer-cans or camo,,,

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/8YQmnfL7aVc?hd=1

Very nice man.

Might be an option to wrap it.

Ive got the Mad Hatter Decals from AMR so I think I'll have to find a solid colour.