Sign in to follow this  

E air box question

Looking at my k3-e model and have a query about the 3x3.

I'm a bit confused, William1 said to remove the snorkel and stick a 158 main jet in - got my jet yesterday and whipped the seat off....there is no snorkel (that i can see)and the hole in the top is definitely standard but measures approx 3.5"x3.3". is this coz its an e and not an s/sm. (only everyone seems to have to cut the hole bigger!) as far as i'm aware the jetting is standard atm, and i still have stock e exhaust. should i tape it off to measure 3x3 or what?

Thanks in advance.

Yes . E air boxes already have a 3x3 hole. And came new with a rubber insert.Someone removed yours.

Sorry to be a pain but is that a yes tape it off to a 3x3, or leave it as it is without the insert/snorkel and do the jet to a 158?

Leave it as it is, try the 158. Do not worry, you will not hurt anything.

But... since the snorkle has already been removed, I would like to assume someone already rejetted it. How does your bike perform flat out?

• Like 1

seems alright, a little delay when you pin it right back, and seems to bog a little when you nail it from a stop.

nope, didn't even know about that. Will give the new main jet a go and see how that goes then do that if i need to. I've only had the bike about three months now, so very new to the drz scene.