Sign in to follow this  

i need some spark plug help ASAP

hey guys, just here recently my rm85 started running wierd then it just kinda quit it may be out of gas yet it still has some in it maybe not enought to run it? but anyhow i checked the air filter which was clean as a whistle so then i pulled out the plug and it is jacked up or somethin the lil whit peice in the middle is coco brown, i'v been told thats when its jetted right but the outside rim is black and the lil thingy majigger that hangs out over the middle has some white stuff on it that looks like mold or something then theres a bunch of mold looking stuff inside the plug where the lil thingy is what could that mean?

sorry for my slang words idk what the spark plug stuff is lol oh and the plug is an NGK BR10ES if that matters.

10 is a cold plug for your bike. I ran BR8ES in our 85s. I would not go any lower than an 8 in the RM85. Remember (and this will be on the test) in NGK plugs a 10 is colder heat range and it gets hotter as the numbers go down. A 7 may burn a hole in the center of the piston.

Your little white stuff is carbon. Sounds like you don't change the plug very often.

hey guys, just here recently my rm85 started running wierd then it just kinda quit it may be out of gas yet it still has some in it maybe not enought to run it? but anyhow i checked the air filter which was clean as a whistle so then i pulled out the plug and it is jacked up or somethin the lil whit peice in the middle is coco brown, i'v been told thats when its jetted right but the outside rim is black and the lil thingy majigger that hangs out over the middle has some white stuff on it that looks like mold or something then theres a bunch of mold looking stuff inside the plug where the lil thingy is what could that mean?

sorry for my slang words idk what the spark plug stuff is lol oh and the plug is an NGK BR10ES if that matters.

Only $5 bucks for a plug, go buy a new one and stick in it. plus put some gas in it so your not banging your head against the wall over nothing.