Sign in to follow this  

Can you fit a 450 into the back of a Avalanche?

Has anyone got a 450 intop the back of a avanche with the endgate closed??

Thanks,

if it was angled. you wont get it in there straight. your best bet is to use a measuring tape and see how big the box is and how long your bike is. my ktm wont fit in the back of my tundra with the tailgate shut.

yeah, I'm looking at buying a new Avalanche but I wanted to know if I can get my bike in first...

My friend carries his on the Aval with a bumper carrier. Only in California do I see bike racks and MC racks on trucks.

yeah i have a bumper carrier and it works great, but i was thinking of pulling a travel trailer and I wanted to be able to take the bike as well..

why on earth would anyone drive an avalanche? they are terrible "trucks."

go get an old toyota taco, save yourself thousands in repair bills and broken fake plastic bumpers :confused:

:thumbsup:

I fit my 450X, which is as long as they get, in the back of my 98 ford ranger single cab 4 banger... Im almost positive you can fit it in your avalanche. You gotta have your own little strategy for squeezing it in but if i made it happen Im sure you could.

Dont listen to the troll, Avalanches are sick trucks. Id get one if it was practical for me

why on earth would anyone drive an avalanche? they are terrible "trucks."

go get an old toyota taco, save yourself thousands in repair bills and broken fake plastic bumpers :smirk:

:busted:

+1 :worthy:

Get something that has proven itself to be a long lasting truck. Get something with like 290,000 miles on it, something close to the Toyota Half Life, then keep driving it to 500,000 miles without doing anything more than oil changes, air filter changes, and brake rotor changes. :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

why dont you angle the bike, and if it doesnt fit then slightly open the tailgate and then put a tie down from the back of the bed to the tailgates handle and then your travel trailer will still be able to be hauled

My friend has a Chevy avalanche, and hes had nothing but problems with it after it was about 4-5 years old, if i was youd, HONDA RIDGELINE is awesome.

Google says the bed is 5'3", longer if you fold down the rear seats and the "midgate," but that isn't full height all the way forward. So you have roughly 6'6" diagonal. Just depends how long the bike is.

It will be a super tight squeeze. I have seen one at the track last summer, but had the tail gate down and the back seats down or however that works? I wouldn't want a muddy/wet tire sitting into my truck. lol

Most short boxes require the tail gate to be left down when hauling a bike or quad.

I have a Sierra Crew Cab with a 5.8" box and leave the tail gate down when my bike is in the bed,no biggie.

As for the Avalance,the motor and drive train is great,it's the rest of truck thats an over priced piece of crap,I'd honestly look at something else.

I have an avalanche. There is no way your going to get a bike in the bed with the tailgate closed. It has to remain open. I have a subwoofer box that takes up 2 feet of my bed space, and the bike still fits perfectly, but straight and with the tailgate open.

I have an avalanche. There is no way your going to get a bike in the bed with the tailgate closed. It has to remain open. I have a subwoofer box that takes up 2 feet of my bed space, and the bike still fits perfectly, but straight and with the tailgate open.

I have an avy and was wanting to get a midgate sub box, but i was worried how my bike will fit. Do you just put the front wheel against the box or do you have like some sort of wheel chock? A picture would be awesome:ride:

no way....my grandpa has an avalanche, the bed is worthless. Also my dad has a 00' silverado with a 6 foot bed and my cr 250 will just barely fit with the tailgate closed when the bike is at an angle.