[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Using Zeta lower bar clamps w/ stock SM triple clamp ?

I've been digging around trying to find out if these will work together. Rather than install risers or adapters in the middle of the bar clamp, I'm wondering if the Zeta lower bar clamps can be used with the stock SM triple clamp. The stock lower clamps have a bit of a roundish base to match up with the rubber cones, while the Zeta clamps don't have the bulge (could just put a washer underneath).

Zeta clamps

GJ7n538AAAEAAHAXUScAAAAB-34049.jpg

My biggest concern is that the Zeta clamps use that funky looking bolt to secure them and it might be the wrong diameter or not be long enough to go through a washer and the rubber cones.

it doesn't work that way.those clamps you have pictured are for zeta's own top tripple clamp system.the bolts are made that way to enable their clamps to be multi-positioned fore and aft to suit the rider's preference,and come in different heights.it's a really neat set up but pricey.

if you want to run oversized "fatbars" like the newer('07-up) drzsm's you'll need to get the suzuki oem clamp parts or you can get adapter clamps that fit into the existing lowers.then you choose a bar bend to compensate(usually a lower profile bend) for the height of the adapter to bring it back to the stock height.most guys on this side of the pond usually find the drz bars to be too low for our liking and end up eventually getting a taller bend,usually 15-30mm or so higher than stock.remember the oem top clamp is rubber mounted and any clamp you choose must be designed to fit the oem tripple clamp.the zeta rubber killers are designed to do away with the rubber bushings in the stock tripple but you still have to use the appropriate clamp for a stock application.

It will work just fine. I have a set of different lowers on mine. The only thing I had to do was drill everything out a little for the larger bolts.

It will work just fine. I have a set of different lowers on mine. The only thing I had to do was drill everything out a little for the larger bolts.

Thanks for the info.

Which lower clamps did you end up using ?

So last year I decided I didn't want to spend a ton on an oem 1-1/8th setup and I'd like to keep the rubber bushings so I just stuck with a new 7/8's bar.

I'd like to get rid of the cross-bar now to make room for a gps and such.

I found one set of fat bar clamps from MX Bonz that supposedly work with the stock rubber bushings, any other kits that work ?

http://www.mxbonz.com/brakepedalsnare.htm