cr250 w/ 07crf450 shock help

so i got my bike all back together every bearing in the suspesion is new as well as a frshly serviced factory connection rear shock off of an 07 crf450.. it has a 5.4k spring on it .. valved for 180lbs mx a rider

the bike feels great over whoops and jumps but seems to be hard to turn now especaly in the tight stuff ..

i suspect i have to play with the forks now as well but whats a good startig point to make it easier to turn ? .. the bike dosen't want to stay planted around tight corners ?

whats the rear sag?

my sag is about 110

try 103mm

should i raise the forks

try the sag first then raise them slightly if that doesn't completely satisfy you.

ok so tried 104 today .. found out my rebound was way to slow... clicked it out and all better feels like it should

so i got my bike all back together every bearing in the suspesion is new as well as a frshly serviced factory connection rear shock off of an 07 crf450.. it has a 5.4k spring on it .. valved for 180lbs mx a rider

the bike feels great over whoops and jumps but seems to be hard to turn now especaly in the tight stuff ..

i suspect i have to play with the forks now as well but whats a good startig point to make it easier to turn ? .. the bike dosen't want to stay planted around tight corners ?

what year is the cr250? the shocks changed in 05 on the 450 models. they were longer body/shaft than the prior years. the cr 250's may have had the same change. this happened to someone who bought a bike with a different year shock. the 05's body should have a kr designation on them. the 04 and earlier should have an meb/men on them i believe. also, 5.4 on a cr250 is a little heavy. you should be around 5.1

my bike is a 2001cr250 .. i a lothave a 5.1 in my tool box .. but i wanted to try the set up how it came .. the bike handles alot better than it did with the old shock on it ... i compared the length before i put it o my bike and they were dead even

I also have an 07 450 shock on an 03 cr250. Pn stamp on the shock bodies match kz3a0 sa-1. But the model designation stickers differ.

Kz3-L31 for the 03 250

Ksk-671 for the 07 450.

Fact connection did my valving, but everything matches clevis, & shock bodies. I'm using a 4.8 spring for 150 lbs no gear vet mx. May switch back to 4.9