Anybody try the 150/230F Race Tech shock?

The 230 i am about to sell came to me with a Hagon shock fitted (also ?)

There is only 1 x adjustment on it which alters the "damping", its an allen screw at the bottom of the shock. I have found it to be difficult to find the sweet spot where the shocker works well.

£300 would be approx $450 which IMO is too dear seeing as the 'works' shock has full adjustment and length adjustment too, if you want a bargain it sounds from all the feedback that Hlebo is the man

$450 ouch... The Hlebo option is worth every penny. Every single one of my shocks is going to go to Hlebo from now on. This guy obviously knows what he is doing if he was able to turn my ass-slappin'-piece-of-sh**-garbage-turd-suicide-device stocker into a nice ride.

Wouid suggest that the unit needs a service, the damping is superb, and if used with the remote compression adjuster, the difference from the oem stock shock was dramatic.

But like all good quality shocks and forks they do need looking at from time to time

Wouid suggest that the unit needs a service, the damping is superb, and if used with the remote compression adjuster, the difference from the oem stock shock was dramatic.

But like all good quality shocks and forks they do need looking at from time to time

We must have different Hagons fitted ?

"remote compression adjuster" mine has no remote adjuster:busted:

I'm not saying it isn't a big improvement over the OEM shock by the way:thumbsup:

$450 ouch... The Hlebo option is worth every penny. Every single one of my shocks is going to go to Hlebo from now on. This guy obviously knows what he is doing if he was able to turn my ass-slappin'-piece-of-sh**-garbage-turd-suicide-device stocker into a nice ride.

Well said!!! John, without doubt, is an expert when it comes to the 150 and 230. His shop was right next to Frank Nye's (Engine's Only) for years so he knows all there is to know about these two bikes. My buddy's Hlebo shock is unbelievable. My Fox is better but I don't know if it's $300 better. Adjustability is way overrated - John will tune your shock just for you and your riding expectations and with that adjustments aren't really necessary. It really is amazing what he can do with something that performs like nothing more than a glorified 2x4. The factory shock is a worthless and dangerous POS. John is truly a miracle worker...

$450? Hmmmm. I'd probably go the Hlebo route for $200, or a few bones more for the Works, or even $250 more for the Race Tech piece. It is another option though.

At the end of the day-- I'd like to see if Fox will build me a shock (special order-- since they have all the specs already), if that's not gonna happen-- then the Race Tech would be my choice. On my GF's bike-- I imagine the Hlebo route would probably get the nod. ---L*64

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my Hlebo revalved shock and forks back and am very impressed by his work. My 230 is now set up for my riding style and my weight. The handling difference is night and day. Gone is the horrible nose dive on decel, and the rear tracks like it should have from the start. I almost went with emulators(trial and error) and the works shock, but common sense, reviews, accolades on Johns work, and most importantly my wallet helped me make the smart choice. I do no if my other option would have been $400 better, but I am extremely happy and have $400 to spend on other things/mods!