Xc-w 2009 - 2010 - 2011

What are the changes from 2009 to 2010 to 2011? I have found a new 2009 at a decent price but want to know of any gremlins. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Never owned KTM and am looking forward to the experience.

Thanks.

I have a 2009 450 XC W. I wish I knew before I bought about it's ability to burn gear oil. Now having to replace piston and rings. KTM built with poor ring quality. KTM not backing it up with warranty. New top end and various other issues. Steer clear of the 09's. 2010's I'm told had worked out their bugs on this oil burning issue.

What are the changes from 2009 to 2010 to 2011? I have found a new 2009 at a decent price but want to know of any gremlins. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Never owned KTM and am looking forward to the experience.

Thanks.

Stay away from the 08's and 09's, they burn oil and KTM won't warrant it.

Good bike but if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have bought an 09.

my 08 530exc has been trouble free... at least once KTM replaced the bad auto decompression lever, and I removed the smog stuff and rejetted (which shouldn't be relevant on the xcw models)... around 80 hours on it now... some haven't been as fortunate... KTM did make changes each year to fix issues... get the newest one you can afford... i probably wouldn't go older than 09 if i was to choose again.

Stay away from the 08's and 09's, they burn oil and KTM won't warrant it.

Good bike but if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have bought an 09.

even though I put 5000 trouble free miles (somewhat, i'll explain) before I sold it.

the first 50 miles I lost all engine oil, went into tranny, took it to dealer and they charged me said it was my fault, then it did it again and took it back.

had to call KTM like 5 times before the guy actually talked to head guy at dealership and said they would cover it, called it "overfilled transmission fluid". and they had if for over a week to change the oil... never did it again after that. and was a great bike when it didn't try and kill me

08 exc-r street legal