Sign in to follow this  

2012 yzf250

my guess is 100%; they have a YZ250F running EFI on the GP circuit right now, and they wanted to launch it last year but weren't happy with the results. The tank and frame are all designed for EFI.

P20110408213456468.jpg

paulins bike.. i guess the chances are pretty good. looking forward to it :thumbsup:

I'm more looking forward to the possibility of a new 4 valve cylinder head that could come with it. They put in the bilateral beam frame to make room for a fuel pump in the tank in 2010 so they have been working towards it since that time. Hopefully its ready to be released this year.

i think it will recieve efi and the backwards facing cylinder like the 450. i hope they keep the 5 valve system as it is extremly reliable and works really well on the yamaha

They may be the only manufacturer making money still on their 250f...

And the race team has it sorted out engine wise...

So maybe just the addition of efi would be good - but I bet they keep the rest of it the same - all the tooling is there and no need to develop new stuff with new costs.

That would be nice....and then maybe the WRF lineup will get some new goodies. Highly doubtful but one can dream.

i think it will recieve efi and the backwards facing cylinder like the 450. i hope they keep the 5 valve system as it is extremly reliable and works really well on the yamaha

In order to get the higher RPM horsepower and faster revving motors that the magazines seem to love they will have to get away from the 5 valve motor. The new 4 valve motor in the YZF450 seems to be just as reliable, recent Dirtrider has a tear down with over 100 hours and it was still in great shape including no valve adjustments.

I can see a 4 valve EFI motor but I highly doubt you will see a backward design on the 250F.

the head for an EFI bike vs a carb bike is different, obviously; so i imagine that a 4 valve head would just go along with that naturally. the head on the GP bike is visually different, i wonder what they did internally.

i sure hope they have efi.my sons have been racing these bikes since 2006.i buy two new bikes every year and i must admit that i am getting tired of buying jet kits,cams,pipes and the occasional 269kit.they are just to darn reliable to switch brands.but it would be nice to just do the suspension,stick some numbers on it and go racing.

What are the chances? well it's 50/50...50% chance it will have efi, 50% chance it will stay carbureted.:thumbsup:

I remember reading that they made a new head somewhere for sure. If you would pardon my ignorance, what is the benifit of 4 valves over 5?

Too bad I'll probably never buy a *new* bike so it will be a while before I get my paws on one of these beautys ...

I'll have to wait til 2013 or so, then maybe I can find a leftover 2012 that a dealer wants to part with. Until then, I guess ill just ride my 08 some more. The thing is so fun and reliable. But the next dirt bike I buy will definitely have EFI...

Maybe once the 2012 come out there will be a bunch of 2010 and 2011 models floating around. Then I could get a 2010 or 2011 bike and later put the injected engine in it:thinking:

i sure hope they have efi.my sons have been racing these bikes since 2006.i buy two new bikes every year and i must admit that i am getting tired of buying jet kits,cams,pipes and the occasional 269kit.they are just to darn reliable to switch brands.but it would be nice to just do the suspension,stick some numbers on it and go racing.

Any sponsorships? Do you own a bank? Man I thought I was doing good because I can afford a new part or two a month for my 1 bike

So the deal with the 250f and efi is that in 2010 they made all the changes to the frame and gas tank rear shock...everything was made for efi. However they had problems with the fuel pump and would not put a faulty product on the market. Then in 2011 they ran out of $$ to refine the fuel pump....seems that they found the problem and are testing it in the gp's....another thing to think about is the quakes in japan, all the races have been cancelled, that might put a dampiner on testing....so 2012 efi? yes it will have efi along with a brand new motor as seen in the motocross action article....

any of you guys know about cam timing?? i know in a car you can advance/retard 20 degrees for more bottom/topend power, does anyone know if that is true for these motors? i am looking into flowing my 2010 head with pc cams and cutting the base of the head to increase topend power in the 2010 250f....any ideas?