Any major problems with cr125's?

Hey guys, I'm buying a 125 soon and I am stuck between a kx or cr. I am getting a 2002 or higher for under 2000$ I really like both bikes but i wanted to know if there is anything majorly wrong with the cr and what year/s it is found on. I know about the low power on the 02-04 and how to fix it, but is there anything else?

Alright thanks

-bai

I had some Cr 125's and there all pretty much bullet proof, however the CR's feed off the bottom when it comes to engine dyno's.

I have an '04 and it isn't the best of years, it has too many radiator hoses and electronic power valve which can be a bit annoying and on CR's you have to watch for leaking seal behind the flywheel which leans the motor out if it leaks and also they are hard to jet. I recommend getting a Keihin PWK carb instead of the stock Mikuni. Hope this isn't putting you off, they are great handling bikes and a lot of fun to ride, but I seem to have a lot of problems with mine.

i gotchya

Hey guys, I'm buying a 125 soon and I am stuck between a kx or cr. I am getting a 2002 or higher for under 2000$ I really like both bikes but i wanted to know if there is anything majorly wrong with the cr and what year/s it is found on. I know about the low power on the 02-04 and how to fix it, but is there anything else?

Alright thanks

-bai

Get a newer (05-07) one. I bought mine brand new from the dealer for $3000, so you should be able to get a used one for $2k. AND, here's all you need to know.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927924

JayC

Get it, replace both crank seals (easy job), and jet it properly. Then...RIDE! :thumbsup:

95-97 best CR125's ever

do not like 98+

Just bought a 2001 cr125 for $750... it's SUPER clean and has FMF gold series and v-force, but I'm having a heck of a time finding a rear skid plate?!?!?!?!?!

Not to be a buzzkill.... but.... 125's have....... NO.....BALLZ.

Gutless pieces of crap. They should put those motors in the 80 size frames.

lol

:smashpc:

Go big or stay home.

lol, if 125's have no "ballz", then how did bubba ever ride one of those? Not trying to strike up an argument, but some of us smaller guys (including me at 5'6'') don't need a bigger bike than a 125. Just my two pennies.

To the OP, I'm on my second red 125 ('01) and think I'm going to keep it for a little bit after I fix a few small things (PO didn't do much maint.). Good luck!

lol, if 125's have no "ballz", then how did bubba ever ride one of those? Not trying to strike up an argument, but some of us smaller guys (including me at 5'6'') don't need a bigger bike than a 125. Just my two pennies.

Some of us old fat guys don't need a bigger bike than a 125 either.

JayC

125 rules

please dont cut your muffler just to make it louder, that guy is retarded

I got a 2002 for $1000 put $250 in looks and this is my end product.

db44cbc0.jpg

Just saying earlier in the summer I raced an 03 YZ125 with my 02 cr125, he said he could whoop up on me because the rags said his bike was faster. straight line drag, across a field, about 300 yds, beat him by about 1 1/2-2 bike lengths...it's as much the rider as it is the bike ya know...

But, I do like the YZ powerband...it feels way torquier than the CR and gets on the pipe earlier...I imagine with a good rider I'd get beat. But I like the handling and mid air behavior of my CR way better...that and I'm used to the power range on it so it's second nature. Honestly I prefer the CR over all other <$2k 2 smokes

Edited by cr125Rooster
Not to offend YZ guys

I was trying to find the frame skid plate... ended up finding one on ebay! Thanks