Long Island Motorcross May 7th 2011 Anyone?

NewYork

I'm thinking of going to the track this Sat May 7th? Is anyone interested in going?

Hopefully my son and I will be racing there the 8th!

How is the track compared to Englishtown in NJ for a beginner?

I've never been to E-Town so I can't compare the two.

I will say LIMX has a great facility. The track is very well maintained. All of the jumps are "rollable" so it is a doable track for beginner riders. At speed it can be challenging. The "novice" class can get a bit large on some weekends though.

For a familiarity day, try to hit it on Thursday or Friday early and you may be the only bike there for an hour or so! :thumbsup:

I've never been to E-Town so I can't compare the two.

I will say LIMX has a great facility. The track is very well maintained. All of the jumps are "rollable" so it is a doable track for beginner riders. At speed it can be challenging. The "novice" class can get a bit large on some weekends though.

For a familiarity day, try to hit it on Thursday or Friday early and you may be the only bike there for an hour or so! :thumbsup:

So r u saying that you go out in groups? There is no free riding?

When it gets busy they break it up into "little bikes", "novice", and "amatuer/expert" in 15-20 min. motos each, continuous through out the day. When it's your turn you can do the whole moto, or 1 lap if you want.

If it's not busy they will just separate the big and little guys.

If it's really not busy and the little guys are okay with it they will run open sessions. This is usually when there are only a few riders there.

I like the open because then I get to ride with my son.... and annoy him. :confused:

Personally, I think it's much safer running classes than running pros with the novice. If I rode with the pros I'd need a big yellow flashing slow vehicle light on my helmet! :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of riding on Saturday. Sunday is a no go for me.

As Dirtdad mentioned, they run 15-20 minute sessions, but I got there about 5:30 last Saturday and rode continuously between 5:30-6:30 and then again from 7-7:45. I guess the kids left about 5:30 and there were only about 5-10 other riders there, so they ran an open session. It's usually like that the last hour or two of the day.

I will be in town from NC so I know the fee for me is $35 but what about for someone coming from Queens? Do they have to pay the $150 (i think that the fee) for membership? Just wondering so my friend will not be alarm.

If he has never ridden there before, they'll let him try it out for the $35 day fee without paying the membership, but it's a one-time only thing. The next time he'll need to be a member.

If he has never ridden there before, they'll let him try it out for the $35 day fee without paying the membership, but it's a one-time only thing. The next time he'll need to be a member.

ok well in that case I may come there instead of NJ thank you. Is there anything else I should know before going?

Way more fun than nj !! Get there early and track will be perfect and not too crowded .

Way more fun than nj !! Get there early and track will be perfect and not too crowded .

I went to LI yesterday and it was cool. It did get packed and I'm not sure if I like the track. I think its too much for a beginner well the jumps are. I'm a lil rusty and need to practice more. I haven't been on the dirt in a while just been riding my sportbike. Maybe in a few more weeks I will love it once I get back to jumping. I do like the other parts of the track

I went to LI yesterday and it was cool. It did get packed and I'm not sure if I like the track. I think its too much for a beginner well the jumps are. I'm a lil rusty and need to practice more. I haven't been on the dirt in a while just been riding my sportbike. Maybe in a few more weeks I will love it once I get back to jumping. I do like the other parts of the track

Glad you had a good time. They hosted an Xtreme Series race Sunday so I'm sure it was a little more crowded than usual. Maybe we'll see you there, just look for the father/son Rockstar RM's. :thumbsup: