Sign in to follow this  

2007 CRF250R skid plate

Went to Trevorton for some trail riding yesterday and got a small hole in my case in the first 30 minutes of riding! I assume a flying rock was the culprit. It went through my plastic case guard and put a small hole right behind it in the case!

Thankfully one of my friends had some high-temp RTV sealant with him so we were able to seal up the hole and ride the rest of the day.

I definitely do not want this to happen again, so I am looking around for a pretty burly skid plate. I found an Ascerbis for a decent price, but it's plastic and I doubt it offers and kind of great protection. I want one that will stick out from the sides and also cover the front of my water pump housing and case on the other side rather than just the center between the frame.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for me? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I definitely need some good protection there.

Thanks in advance!

All my riding is heavy rock terrian so my guards on my bike are pretty beefy. I had a worcs connection on my 250R that took hell and now I have a gnarly Ricochet plate on my 450X look both of em up. The Ricochet is cheaper but I like it better, its super heavy duty

I like the looks of the Flatland Racing plate! I might have to pick that up.

This next paycheck is gonna get hit pretty hard with dirt bike parts =/

Thanks for the info!