2012 crf 450

Since I put CRF stuff pegs and had the suspension done on my 2011, guess I already have a 2012, only better. My pegs are titanium.

With everything going on over there and the economy, it may be a while before we see any major improvements out of any of the Jap bikes.

Since I put CRF stuff pegs and had the suspension done on my 2011, guess I already have a 2012, only better. My pegs are titanium.

With everything going on over there and the economy, it may be a while before we see any major improvements out of any of the Jap bikes.

...BUT... do you have the "new updated" chain roller ??? That alone is worth dropping several grand for the 2012 model :confused:

Wish they could have made a few more "tweaks" ...like a 6 spring clutch ... .. Ti spring option ... black model like in 08... etc. etc... . but given the economy, its really not too surprising.?

Edited by supervokes

You just wonder when there wont be more needing to tweak! Seems like all of the bikes are so darn good now that 99% of the people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 2006 and a 2012 model if they couldnt see which bike they were on!

Its a few less things to buy straight up. I had to buy springs pegs and lowering link for my 2010, now many may not have to. So while it's not worth upgrading its a better package for people who were going to buy one anyway. It's about time those pegs were upgraded.

isnt the " 48mm inverted KYB Air-Oil-Separate (AOS)" the new kyb stuff like the kawi has? with the compression in one side and dampening in the other?

You're referring to the Showa Separate Function Fork. I think these KYBs are same as last year, but stiffer.

?

Not much to get excited about though. Not saying the crf looks bad but i thought it would have had some cosmetic changes for this year its not really changed much imo since the first year model (2003 i think :confused: )

They changed it completely in '09. Different fenders, number plates and shrouds from the previous years.

A new (hydro) clutch was expected at the dealer level. The release doesn't mention any changes to the clutch at all. Looks like another strong sales year ahead for the CRF clutch aftermarket...