Sign in to follow this  

2001 ttr 125 wont start

Looking for some advice. I bought my son this bike about a year ago its seems its all ways been a little hard to start now it wont at all. Checked the jets on carb all ok its getting fire im gunna check and adjust the exhaust and intake. Any help would be wonderful.

Ok made adjustments to intake and exhaust valve still no start. This stinks. Still working on

How did you check the jets?

Has it sat for a while? If so (and you didn't add stabil) it's probably got gummed up jets. I'd just replace them. You can replace both for about $10 and it only takes about 10 minutes to change them.

The pilot jet is always the most suspect in a no-start situation.

As DDACT sez, it's very likely to be plugged up. Even if you can see daylight through the pilot, it probably has a coating of gunk inside that diminishes the size of the hole.

The best way to verify that the no-start is a fuel condition is to spray a blast of starter fluid in the carb. That rules out valves, spark, etc.

I just used the air compressor and blew them out and saw daylight reinstalled. So if I use start fluid which side do I spray into the back or the front. Thanks for the help. I will buy new jets.

I just used the air compressor and blew them out and saw daylight reinstalled. So if I use start fluid which side do I spray into the back or the front. Thanks for the help. I will buy new jets.

I've allways just removed the air cleaner and give it a shot then crank it and it should fire off for a couple of seconds and then die back out.

Ok great thanks. I will give this a try. You guys on here have always been and continue to make thing much simpler for a lot of us. Thanks again.