Sign in to follow this  

Stator repair? anything else work?

So i know the the 06-08 have a reputation for stators going bad. i have replaced them in two different bikes now. Does anyone know of a good place to have them fixed instead of buying used ones? Just trying to keep going and get the best bang for the buck. Also will any other stators fit into the 07 08 models?

can't you just get it re wound. I know of a few places here in the UK that do it, and if you do a search for rewinding stator in a search engine or youtube im sure you will find out how to do it

this may be a newb questions about stators but you could run that without running lights correct?

this may be a newb questions about stators but you could run that without running lights correct?

If you're speaking of the Steahly stator then you are correct, you don't have to run lights. There is an extra wire that has power available for lights or whatever but doesn't need to be wired to anything for the bike to run. I'm using it to power a radiator fan :thumbsup:

If you're speaking of the Steahly stator then you are correct, you don't have to run lights. There is an extra wire that has power available for lights or whatever but doesn't need to be wired to anything for the bike to run. I'm using it to power a radiator fan :thumbsup:

thanks. thats what i was looking for. i can build the bike top to bottom mechanically, just the electrical stuff :confused: i have no idea when it comes to electrical. lol

i posted about my 07 having issues and saw this stator is MUCH cheaper than any oem anywhere i have found.

I have a 2000 KX 125 and I tried to get the Stator re-wound but apparently because of the plastic parts in it, it can't be done because they will melt in the process. Like foxrcn I get all the mechanics but not so much the electronics of it.

The cheapest new Stator I have found so far was right here on Thumpertalk. Followe Foxracn450's link. Good luck.