Sign in to follow this  

What do you think about pit bikes

i'd much rather strap around on a 65 than a pitbike, but still i think is a waste of money when you ride a big bike

I already have 2 big bikes and I want one, I don't have any idea why. LOL

I think its because they are so small they look fun to screw around with.

But the way i see it, If you got the money why the hell not.

waste of money....you could buy an 85 for half the price that has good suspension, a strong motor, aluminum wheels, and a frame that doesnt use the engine as a stressed member.

They are too small for my frame, I feel like a gorilla, and my hips hurt when I sit on one. I shake my head in disgust when a see a grown man motoring around the pits, where it's usually not allowed anyway. I don't want people to think I'm a clown; I vote waste of money and I ride a regular sized bike.

But, everything is a waste of money to someone, so I shouldn't be so judgemental. If you like pit bikes, go for it.

i had lots of fun on mine then got bored with it and traded it for a big bike im kinda missing the lil bike now cause they can be quiet and not piss off the neighboorhood

They are tons of fun to screw around on but are a total waste of money. But isn't every toy a total waste of money? You won't get your money back out of a big bike or a boat or a fishing rod etc. If you got the money and want one, do it. If you can get on a pit bike mx track you will smile ear to ear for the whole ride. P.S. it still hurts just as much when you crash though!

If you have a smaller area to ride like a yard or small section of woods they are great. Even a small track or circuit w/ some nice jumps is a blast. It's like riding go-carts when you could drive a car, they're fun for what they are. And they are useful in the pits too.

i think they are alot of fun but tracks around here have pit bike races same day as the big bike races, and they are fun to take to the camp grounds to ride around or back and fourth to the bathrooms

I have the same fun on the small pit bikes that I do on my KTM200. My and my brother get on our pit bikes and chase my kids around the yard (and the neighbors yard) for hours having a blast. We set up little tracks in the small woods behind my house, it's no fun on a big bike, the woods are too small. If you take it serious, the big bikes are more fun. If you just want something to mess around on and have fun with, pit bikes are great. IMO

i think they are alot of fun but tracks around here have pit bike races same day as the big bike races, and they are fun to take to the camp grounds to ride around or back and fourth to the bathrooms

Have you ever raced them? seems like a lot of fun to race them

They're fun while they last, but I tend to start modding the crappy parts into less crappy parts so that the bikes will last longer. Engines seem to be bulletproof for the most part. Exhausts suck.

They're a blast to ride! I'm building another one into a mini-motard parking lot ripper. The only downside is trying to switch back & forth to a big bike in the same day. It just feels too weird. I usually need to pick one to ride and stick to it all day. Otherwise, I find I can't ride either one nearly as well.

they were fun back in the day when we had dirt jumps and backyard tracks everywhere, but I just sold mine the other day. they can become money pits.

Like the guy earlier said, I never understood why people just didn't buy 85s. Why throw a ton of money at lame little bikes that have inherent flaws? 85s are a total blast, and in stock form they would smoke bikes sporting the entire BBR catalog.