Agent Smith Racing A+++

This is another great work thread about AS Racing....

Paul is an awesome guy and was straight forward and honest with great work quality. If you need any work done on your bikes call them first and see what they can do. I highly support their work.

A++++++?

I put up a similar post about 2 years ago. It got nuked with a quickness. Competing with some of the sponsors on here if I recall correctly. I believe if someone gives great service to the community who is it really hurting. But the powers that be don't see it that way. Its all good. I will use AS racing again in a heartbeat. Great service and good people too.....

I put up a similar post about 2 years ago. It got nuked with a quickness. Competing with some of the sponsors on here if I recall correctly. I believe if someone gives great service to the community who is it really hurting. But the powers that be don't see it that way. Its all good. I will use AS racing again in a heartbeat. Great service and good people too.....

Well time will tell.

A few years back Paul got booted from TT because the powers that be wanted some advertising dollars. At least that how I understand it. The restrictions are pretty well spelled out. He was a great resource of knowledge here. I was bummed when he was gone.

Last time I checked there wasn't any prohibition against recommending a shop, but I don't make or enforce the rules around here.

Well time will tell.

A few years back Paul got booted from TT because the powers that be wanted some advertising dollars. At least that how I understand it. The restrictions are pretty well spelled out. He was a great resource of knowledge here. I was bummed when he was gone.

Last time I checked there wasn't any prohibition against recommending a shop, but I don't make or enforce the rules around here.

Are you talking about the "Agent Smith" that used to hang out in the crf250r forum? That guy was in such denial about the valve wear issues on the honda bikes it was pretty hilarious. He seemed to have a good amount of knowledge of bikes in general, but seemed a bit too in denial about obvious and proven bike issues.

Are you talking about the "Agent Smith" that used to hang out in the crf250r forum? That guy was in such denial about the valve wear issues on the honda bikes it was pretty hilarious. He seemed to have a good amount of knowledge of bikes in general, but seemed a bit too in denial about obvious and proven bike issues.

Hondas have valve issues:confused:

I'm a big backer as well. I talked to Paul at a recent race, can't remember which one. He said business is GREAT, only days he gets off is when he goes to the races to support/pit his sponsored racers.

Funny about that is I met/saw Paul twice, once when I dropped off my head and when I picked it up. He spotted me from about 150' and yelled out to me. How can he remember names like that?

I recommend him to anyone that asks. If we didn't have a club member that did suspension he'd of done mine.

+19, I love my AS revalved/resprung suspension......its like buttah! ?

A short story about the kind of guy Paul is. I went to install my recently cleaned air filter the morning before a ride, and I couldnt find my air filter bolt anywhere. Im pretty meticulous when it comes to taking my bike apart and working on it so I was pissed and stressed because my buddies were on the way to pick me up. They showed up, still couldn't find it,so I decide to start making some calls in search of a new one. I called AS Racing, it was probably 8am Saturday, and Paul was there, thank god. I ask him if he has an extra air filter bolt for a 450X laying around and he says no. He then says he'll just give the one from his bike. So I go over to his shop and he gave the bolt from his bike, very cool. We had this ride planned weeks in advance, full long day in Spangler/Cal City, and with little kids in my house these rides are only happening once a month for me these days on average, so Im ecstatic to be able to still have a full day. Needless to say, when I returned that Napalm Racing bolt, it was clean as hell. :busted: Oh, I ended up finding the bolt in my 3 year olds preschool backpack. :worthy:

I will always use Paul's services for motor and suspension because of this kind of service.....this is the way the old shops were run and this is how they should be run today. The first time I met Paul he came over to my house to help me check my valves because I'd never done it, this was before he had a shop and was still working out of his garage, of course no charge. For anyone reading this, don't ever hesitate to give Paul a call. :confused:

.this is the way the old shops were run and this is how they should be run today.

I worked in a small shop in 1973/1974 in Burbank, Fox Motorcycles, owned by a retired MX racer named Al Fox from England. Nicest man you'd ever want to know. He'd go out of his way to help a rider/racer. At the time I really didn't appreciate it like I do now. After I left for college, etc. he got real sick with brain cancer. I stopped by the shop to see him a couple months before he passed away. It was very humbling to say the least. I will always remember the warm reception and hand shake I received when I walked in and the tear in his wife's eye seeing he and I reuniting.

Damn, I'm tearing up remembering that.

Anyway Paul kind of reminds me of Al

Yes Paul at AS Racing is the man... He rebuilt my 450 top end and i couldn't have been more happier to have someone like Paul take that much pride in his work.

I posted last year about AS Racing and got band, almost permanent band.... Which made me even want Paul to strut his stuff even more,as matter of fact I highly recommended him to everyone i know and recommend him to any of you that needs work or parts done on your/there bikes.

You can scroll the CRF450X threads and see what kind of work he has done for me with pictures.

Paul thanks again ?!!!

AFAIK, he was banned because he advertised his business in the threads. He was asked several times not to do it. He kept on doing it. That was a year or so ago.

Assuming none of you is him or are being compensated by him and are only doing it based on experience as a happy customer your discussion, again AFAIK, is Ok.