Sign in to follow this  

DNA Wheels! Suck? we will see.... pink hubs!

SO I bought a set of DNA wheels about 2 years ago, black rims and red hubs... Well now my hubs are pink! At first I was like oh well... Then I started thinking... :thumbsup: Pink hubs! not cool! So I call DNA which turns out is a huge Pain in the A$$...

I talk to Rick, he says too bad so sad... So now I am super pissed! He offered nothing! again to bad so sad... So I am not writting the owner which is most likely a waste of time.

If it turns out to be a waste of time I will weekly post "Dont buy DNA wheels! unless you like pink hubs!"

Any other pink hubs out there?

That seems to happen more from fading in the sun or from chemicals used to clean and not anything to do with a factory defect.

Well you might as well write honda and complain their plastic turns a pink shade over time and being in the sun. Anything red will turn pink if not maintained including red hubs. Sorry man just a fact.

Powder coat the hubs red again. If it has been two years, they have long since past any sort of waranty so writing the company and getting pissed about there response seems like a waste of time. Take them apart send them for powder coating and put them back together again, sit back drink a beer and enjoy how good they look. Yeah it sucks that they turned pink, but I doubt you will get any sort resolution that you are looking for. JMHO.

SO I bought a set of DNA wheels about 2 years ago, black rims and red hubs... Well now my hubs are pink! At first I was like oh well... Then I started thinking... :thumbsup: Pink hubs! not cool! So I call DNA which turns out is a huge Pain in the A$$...

I talk to Rick, he says too bad so sad... So now I am super pissed! He offered nothing! again to bad so sad... So I am not writting the owner which is most likely a waste of time.

If it turns out to be a waste of time I will weekly post "Dont buy DNA wheels! unless you like pink hubs!"

Any other pink hubs out there?

Damn, After two years, I would have thought that Rick could have sent you a Pink Binky to match your pink hubs! I tell you customer service just isnt what it used to be!

Joe

My 2002 450R has a set of Red Applied triple clamps on that have been on the bike for 10 years. Talk about pink! My clamps are past pink and heading for silver. I called Applied and they offered me 20% off a new set of clamps. 20% is fair since I wasn't expecting anything.

Just have them refinished. It's been several years.

Everybody wants colored this and colored that. I like stock. Any metal that has been colored won't hold up forever, especially on a dirt bike.

I bought the DNA's because I blew up my rear wheel, literally blew up my stock hub. A Honda hub was like 250.00 plus a re-lace. Searched Craigslist for a used wheel, gave up and bought DNAs. Oh yeah when my wheel blew up my chain jammed between my frame and swing arm. The swing arm hole was then oval. Got a used swing arm on ebay. That day cost me $1000.00….

That seems to happen more from fading in the sun or from chemicals used to clean and not anything to do with a factory defect.

I really don’t think the sun is the issue. 2 times a month for 3 hours, plus no strips, even under the spokes its pink, where the sun don’t shine! Nor any washing chemicals would get. I believe it’s just a sh!ty anodize.

What kind of soap do you use to wash your bike? Is it a degreaser like Purple Power or Greased Lightning by any chance?

Well you might as well write honda and complain their plastic turns a pink shade over time and being in the sun. Anything red will turn pink if not maintained including red hubs. Sorry man just a fact.

I agree, but two years?!?!? A garage kept bike? Under the spokes where the sun don’t shine? I am not some toothless redneck who keeps his bike in the back yard. I am sorry I don’t agree that its okay for RED anodize to turn pink in two years. And for DNA not to even offer anything, my local shop even said they should have offered new hubs at their cost, then I get the pay to get them re-laced ($200.00).

And now to go off on a tangent… Nothing is made in America, its all China crap. I got what I paid for, crap. There is no way I am putting those things on my CRF 2011 450, I get enough crap from my riding buddies who have RAD or Talon that have kept their color. Sorry man, I am pissed…

What kind of soap do you use to wash your bike? Is it a degreaser like Purple Power or Greased Lightning by any chance?

I use turtle wax car cleaner. Both front and back are pink, even if you pull a spoke out of the hole is the same color pink.

Just buy a lot of PINK riding gear to match :confused:

Yeah ... DNA have so many "stories" on them, yet some people insist on looks over function some times :thumbsup:

Your "back on track" by the sounds of it. We have all been there before ... I have a lot of CRAP stories on bike parts too.

Post a pic if you can :-)

You really should be mad at yourself for buying chinese crap! You guys would all hang yourself for spending nearly a $1000 on exhaust systems if you knew how much they cost to produce! I've seen the end caps on many of the systtems come from China that cost the buggies a whole $2.25 a few years ago.

Joe

You really should be mad at yourself for buying chinese crap! You guys would all hang yourself for spending nearly a $1000 on exhaust systems if you knew how much they cost to produce! I've seen the end caps on many of the systtems come from China that cost the buggies a whole $2.25 a few years ago.

Joe

Joe! I hate you! but only becuase you are right, very right!!! I bought crap and I am mad because the crap I bought turned out to be crap!!! Live and learn :thumbsup:

I am going to ask Rick next week to sell me RED hubs at thier cost and see what he says. That will cost them nothing but keeping a customer somewhat happy.

then I get the pay to get them re-laced ($200.00).

HUH??? A couple of beers and a search of Youtube will save you that $200. If I can do it ANYBODY can. That is a FACT.

Seriously? After two years no flat spots, loose spokes. But you bitch about the anodizing fading? You need to get a grip