2002 vs. 2006 450r

So is the 2006 bigger than the 2002? And with anyone's experience which is a better bike other than the years. And pro and cons on each? It seems the 2002 sits lower than the 06. And help on this would be great thanks

06 is thinner and lighter. Slightly different power range and I believe its a little shorter as well. I would take the 06 over the 02 any day. More refined, better reliability, better handling etc etc.

I LOVE my 2002! Especially living in California...Green sticker!!

I just added a 2005 wiring harness and CDI, did the AP mod and it helped her out a LOT!!

What's the AP mod? And what did it did?

Ok I read part of the mod, but I didn't see about the wire harness and the CDI, wha does it suppose to do? I know they sell mod CDI for them is that what it does?

Sorry for the questions ;-)

Ok I read part of the mod, but I didn't see about the wire harness and the CDI, wha does it suppose to do? I know they sell mod CDI for them is that what it does?

Sorry for the questions ;-)

The '05-'06 CDI box has a better map. It provides more low end snap vs the '02 CDI. You have to swap out your wiring harness for an '04-'06 harness in order for the '05-'06 CDI to plug in.

Doing the CDI upgrade and the AP mod made a BIG difference in my '02.

?:ride: