Sign in to follow this  

Buying From Canada

So I live in Cali and have to deal with all this green sticker/ red sticker bs and I currently have a 98 yz250 that I'm looking to sell, its green sticker. BUT it's to much for me to race, I don't like the feel of the two stroke on the track, I'd much rather ride a 2007 crf250r, cause I'm just getting into the racing scene and it's much easier to handle on the track. Anyways one of my buddies friends has an 07 crf450r green sticker, I asked him about it and it has to with the serial numbers from buying it in Canada. I was just curious how accurate that really is and if I could do the same.

something smells fishy here, like rotten fish...........

A bike from Canada is the same as a 48 state bike, so to make a long story short a Canadian 07 CRF450R is California red sticker.

A bike from Canada is the same as a 48 state bike, so to make a long story short a Canadian 07 CRF450R is California red sticker.

+1. Lots of emissions crap here, that's the only thing I hate about this place, but otherwise the air smells clean.

Ya I'm not to sure about this one. I hear both sides of this everywhere. One guy at my local gym was telling me he had a buddy go down to mexico to pick up a KTM that if he would have bought in the states would have been red sticker, but since he went to mexico and brought it back home, when he registered it was green sticker but I guess he paid a great deal of money to get it registered. He was telling me this happens from canada as well...

It'll be cheaper to just buy locally too. Everything has emissions standards now a days, even diesels!!! WTH???

It'll be cheaper to just buy locally too. Everything has emissions standards now a days, even diesels!!! WTH???

Ya it's a bunch of BS. Like a dirt bike is really going to cause more damage than all the drivers here in Cali. And I'm gonna ride no matter what, just not in the hills, so their not doing much to "save" whatever their trying to do. They're just passing pointless laws.

Ya it's a bunch of BS. Like a dirt bike is really going to cause more damage than all the drivers here in Cali. And I'm gonna ride no matter what, just not in the hills, so their not doing much to "save" whatever their trying to do. They're just passing pointless laws.

I think we have enough trees here to remove all need for SMOG control, or at least reduce it. We have fresh sea breezes too, so we can blow all that crap into AZ lol.