Great News!!

I was getting read to post the exact same thing:

- XR650L: The Legend Continues

In truth, the XR650L has grown to become a legend in its own time-and for good reason. Whether the road ahead holds dirt roads, single-track trails, highways or byways, the XR650L serves as the key that opens the door to riding adventures and good times. For years, devotees of the XR650L have trusted this do-it-all mount to transport them to all kinds of far-flung destinations and back again. And for 2012, the much-beloved XR650L returns to accomplish all kinds of two-wheeled missions once more. Availability: July 2011.

source

Edited by TaGaDvAnCe

That above is written a hell of a lot better then the crap on that webpage listed in the original post. *** Honda.

NEW GRAPHICS!! WHoo hoo!! Now it looks up to date. Nothing looks up to date on that bike. Why kid yourself. They marketed that bike all wrong.

looks like they did make one change

the death wings are gone :thumbsup:

That looks like an old bike.

Dunno about anyone else here, but I'd get the red one.

I wonder how much it would cost to paint and reupholster? I am colorblind to red and green, so red doesn't really appeal to me.

Sooo... it is just a new sticker? I am currently filling out paper work on a 09.

looks like they did make one change

the death wings are gone :thumbsup:

what are the death wings?? I see no change other then sticker?

Why can't honda just make a XR650RL

Wow... another year of the same old thing.

What are the death wings??

I believe that "Death Wings" refers to the stock tires.

MSRP TBD... If it is the same bike, shouldn't it have the same price?

Sooo... it is just a new sticker? I am currently filling out paper work on a 09.

what are the death wings?? I see no change other then sticker?

Why can't honda just make a XR650RL

New version of the same old thing... it is virtually the same bike as my 1993! Deathwings... Otherwise known as TrailWings. Wannabe dirt bike tires. They earned the name :thumbsup:

The XR650L is close to right. A few off the shelf component swaps and they'd have a decent bike.

I believe that "Death Wings" refers to the stock tires.

MSRP TBD... If it is the same bike, shouldn't it have the same price?

All things being equal, yes. But all things are not equal, large swaths of Japan have been devastated and this may cause prices to increase.

Availability: July 2011.

I have to wait till July if I want the 2011 version? Oh no!!!!! :thumbsup:

Holy crap...did anyone click the "innovations" button on the website. Electric start...woohooo...:thumbsup: Don't know what i'm gonna do with that.

@Srad600: remove it and install a kick start? j/k

Seriously though, I hope this was just a copy and paste job and the real information simply isn't available yet.

If it works don't fix it. And if it could work even better still don't fix it? If I got some 2012 stickers my 93 would be better than new (functionally). In reallity I'm glad to see them return in any form.

Honda's air-cooled 600-class motorcycles were perfected in Baja, so you know the XR650L can easily handle your daily commute.

If it works don't fix it. And if it could work even better still don't fix it? If I got some 2012 stickers my 93 would be better than new (functionally). In reallity I'm glad to see them return in any form.

The '93's had fork drains and grease zerks on the shock linkage so... yes, they are better than the new ones...

We do need to get the XR650Rs moved out to vintage though... can't have those old bikes in here with the 2011 models :thumbsup:

We do need to get the XR650Rs moved out to vintage though... can't have those old bikes in here with the 2011 models :confused:

:thumbsup: