Battery dead- Really hard to kick start?

My battery died, I thought " O' well I can always kick it." Big mistake.

I was out riding and every time I killed my bike I had to kickstart it. Rapidly like 15times before it would turn over. I'd have to have the choke out and the hot start pulled. Took me two or three 15 kick cycles to get it running.

Is this an electrical issue or is something up with my bike? Should it be able to run and start easily with a dead battery?

2005 WR250F- all free mods done.

Sounds like you need to check the valve clearance. My 04 will usually crank when hot with 1/2 kick or quick touch of the button.

Choke out and hot start pulled? They cancel each other out. Replace the battery with a good one and not a cheap wal-mart battery, check valve clearance and make sure your carb is clean, pilot jet is clean and the correct size also make sure the idle mixture screw is set correctly

My battery died, I thought " O' well I can always kick it." Big mistake.

I was out riding and every time I killed my bike I had to kickstart it. Rapidly like 15times before it would turn over. I'd have to have the choke out and the hot start pulled. Took me two or three 15 kick cycles to get it running.

Is this an electrical issue or is something up with my bike? Should it be able to run and start easily with a dead battery?

2005 WR250F- all free mods done.

Do you have an aftermarket stator or rewound stator? If so, the dead battery could be an issue. When I first put my Trailtech stator on, I goofed up when I wired up their reg/rec. The result was extremely hard starting. Once corrected, it was a first or second kick affair. The aftermarket stators run all power through the battery so it the battery is dead, it should still start but may be much more difficult.