2000 KX 80 Exhaust ? Need Help Pls!

I just purchased a 2000 KX 80 for my son, the bike was very clean with a fresh top end, only problem was that the pipe had a hole in it, so I went ebaying and found a brand new Bills pipe that was listed for a 98-01 KX 80, ordered the pipe ( great deal at $90 shipped) Pipe came tonight, brand new in packaging, went to install it and it does not fit, numbers on the packaging label say for 98-01 KX80, so I know it was/is the right pipe.

Problem is it is about 2" too long and does not fit, once mounted the front fender hits the pipe, it is not even close!

Anyone have any experince with Bill's pipes? Am I missing something, I tried 100 different combos and can not get the pipe too fit?

I guess I will have to get him another pipe anyone know if any of the 85 pipes will fit on the 2000 80? There are a lot more options for the 85,s then 80,s. Anyone have a stock pipe they would sell cheap? I just spent almost $100 on a pipe I can't use and I am not sure the seller will take it back, not really his fault as the pipe was marked for a 200 kx. I would really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks

Anyone???