please help Bladder Showa shock sin valvula scraeder

as they get the KX250F shock Showa blader in 2011 and has not Schraeder valve?

Como se saca el blader en el amortiguador SHOWA del KX250 F 2011, que no tiene valvula Schraeder?

de donde lo toma o sujetan para sacarlo?

I really like the little shelf they added to the rezzy, that doesn't allow you to push the bladder cap down enough to access the retaining clip.

Must of been designed for the vacuum pump.

should be a system or tool, or a procedure to remove the blader, anyone knows?

I need to disassemble this night a shock and not how to get the blader

If you have to get it finished by tomorrow you could rebuild it by the compression adjuster and leave the bladder in place?

Yes, so I made ​​earlier (DaveJ procedure) just want to know how to do it for such review of bladder condition

The bladder cap will move slightly. just enough that you can use a small eye glass screwdriver. Well that's the tool I found easiest to complete the job

Russ, You got it . It only moves a little I used two small pics like chop sticks to get one out today . Steve (455) watched me do it . Its a little tough but not bad a s the shock was new ans they get older and crustier ----- watch out.

Posted (edited)
On 04/05/2011 at 3:26 AM, russ17 said:

The bladder cap will move slightly. just enough that you can use a small eye glass screwdriver. Well that's the tool I found easiest to complete the job

This is where I'm up to. KX250F 2010 Showa shock. Needle type res cap. Very difficult to remove the clip-ring. All gas is released via a proper needle. But the cap wont stay in the few mm required to get the clip-ring out. With no gas pressure, it feels like the bladder rubber pushes the cap back out to the ring. Can hold the cap in with whole res in a large vice, but I still cannot get the rig out. :rant: Will keep trying ... 

Edited by numroe

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, numroe said:

Edited by numroe
want to delete this

On 22/04/2018 at 3:46 PM, numroe said:

This is where I'm up to. KX250F 2010 Showa shock. Needle type res cap. Very difficult to remove the clip-ring.

I solved this.  There is no trick besides getting a suitable hook under the clip end to lift it out.  I don't see any logic in Showa's design having the lip inside the alum res body which prevent the res cap from being pressed in more than a few mm. Just crazy. 

8 hours ago, mog said:

Vacuum bleed? Helps that

I don't have a vacuum pump. I did try pumping the shaft all the way in to remove most bladder gas, then pulling fully up on the shaft to suck the res cap in. But it wasn't enough vac pressure since the extra lip on the bladder is what pushes the cap back up.

To get the clip out, I put a G-clamp over the res+cap to hold it in the few mm it allows.

No I wonder if they made it that way so you can vacuum bleed it ,without the bladder being pulled in ?

2 hours ago, mog said:

No I wonder if they made it that way so you can vacuum bleed it ,without the bladder being pulled in ?

Good thinking. That could explain the design. However Showa still could have given us just one more mm of cap depress movement to get that clip ring out a lot easier.

• Like 1