Riverfront MX

California

Anyone know whats going on with Riverfront MX in Marysville?

The guy that recently won the bid to run Riverfront went belly up and bailed on the track. The track is currently not ran by anyone and should soon be going back up to bid. The problem appears to stem from Marysville being totally broke and wanting the max amount of money for the place.

Scott Davis raised the bar when he bid 120K per year. That increased from anestablished 36K per year. When Scott won the bid, is pretty much when the recession started to hit. He could not make payments and tried to renegotiate. He was unsuccessful and it went out to a blind bid. Instead of Marysville being realistic they got greedy.

Realistically no one in their right mind would pay 120K per year just for the lease. 10K per month before Diesel, work crew, insurance. No way in hell it will work at that rate.

I hope it reopens sometime in the future but am not holding my breath.

Here is the most recent article on the mess: http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/nelson-104510-motocross-track.html

The track status is on the agenda for the May 17th City Counil meeting.

The guy that recently won the bid to run Riverfront went belly up and bailed on the track. The track is currently not ran by anyone and should soon be going back up to bid. The problem appears to stem from Marysville being totally broke and wanting the max amount of money for the place.

Scott Davis raised the bar when he bid 120K per year. That increased from anestablished 36K per year. When Scott won the bid, is pretty much when the recession started to hit. He could not make payments and tried to renegotiate. He was unsuccessful and it went out to a blind bid. Instead of Marysville being realistic they got greedy.

Realistically no one in their right mind would pay 120K per year just for the lease. 10K per month before Diesel, work crew, insurance. No way in hell it will work at that rate.

I hope it reopens sometime in the future but am not holding my breath.

Here is the most recent article on the mess: http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/nelson-104510-motocross-track.html

It wasn't Scott Davis who won the bid. It was Todd Nelson who won the bid

and eventually had to close the track down.

That is correct NCAL. Scott Davis is the one who 1st offered 120K/yr, thus raising the city of Marysville's greed to the level it was. That amount is totally unrealistic. Todd then got the lease for bidding the same amount and yes folded too after 4 or so months.

That is correct NCAL. Scott Davis is the one who 1st offered 120K/yr, thus raising the city of Marysville's greed to the level it was. That amount is totally unrealistic. Todd then got the lease for bidding the same amount and yes folded too after 4 or so months.

Yup... that's too bad. Scott did a fairly decent job running Riverfront in my opinion.

Sure the toilets were overflowing with sewage and the toothless lady at the front

gate always seemed pissed off, but the track prep was always good and the track

usually got a few changes here and there. It was an awesome place to ride after

school.

Yup... that's too bad. Scott did a fairly decent job running Riverfront in my opinion.

Sure the toilets were overflowing with sewage and the toothless lady at the front

gate always seemed pissed off, but the track prep was always good and the track

usually got a few changes here and there. It was an awesome place to ride after

school.

Hahaha you must be referring to the gate Nazi! I hear she moved to Estreet so if you miss her and all.... :thumbsup:

I agree, Riverfront was a nice track, too bad Scott way over bid for the place or he'd likely still be running it.

Good thing we have MMX now !