Speedometer error

My DRZ400S speedo is off by 10 percent. Everyone says thats normal for a motorcycle, but I find it annoying. Is there someone who sells different gearing or recalibration kits. GPS says I'm going 60 MPH, speedo says 66. I want to keep the stock speedo for some proof of the miles on my bike.

theres been more than a couple threads, on more than a couple model specific forums about this. it keeps you from getting tickets as is.

anyway- you can setup the trailtech speedos how you like iirc. check em out :thumbsup:

I worried that if I use the trailtech and want to sell my bike, people will not want to buy it. They will have no way of verifying miles. I mean someday suzuki will come out with a lighter, fuel injected, six speed DRZ.

I worried that if I use the trailtech and want to sell my bike, people will not want to buy it. They will have no way of verifying miles. I mean someday suzuki will come out with a lighter, fuel injected, six speed DRZ.

You could re install the stock instrument before you sell..Not that I would recommend any one do this of course..:thumbsup:

a lighter, fuel injected, six speed DRZ
.....It's good for the mind to dream...lol

I've the odd one. '07 400s and on new Kenda 760's it's about 1mph off (compared to a pair of GPS's) and with them worn just about gone they are 1.9mph off. It stays consistent from 5mph up to 85mph. Guess I got the lucky ones as the wifes XT is way the heck off as was my V-strom 650.

I worried that if I use the trailtech and want to sell my bike, people will not want to buy it.

Hang onto the stock speedo and, when you want to sell it, you can show them how many miles were on it and the miles that are on the Vapor. I'm sure you might get some people that would be worried about it, but there are also so many other fraudulent ways of representing mileage that, if you document what you did, I would believe your story.

In fact, someone could ride 30,000 miles on the bike, buy a stock speedo with 3,000 miles, and put it on the bike.

not sure what front tire your are running, but my 90/90 mt21 is taller than the TW, speedo maybe 1-2mph higher than GPS.

So a taller profile front tire will help you out.