Uwharrie Sat 5-7?

NorthCarolina

Anyone want to ride some trails this Saturday?

I'm in Cary and can fit another bike or two in my truck, or we can just meet there.

I've been wanting to check out uwharrie for a while but this weekend's out being mother's day and all. Wife wouldn't approve me leaving her with the kids all day saturday. I may try to play hookey from work next friday and go then. Probably less crowded as well.

Late reply.. but any interest in going in the next few weeks? I live in Asheboro so I'd be right on the way down Hwy 64.

Looks like i'll be headed to URE on Sunday the 12th. I've never been up there on the weekend so I hope its not too congested.

I'm free to go on June 18th if anyone is interested.

I'm free to go on June 18th if anyone is interested.

I may be, depending on whether my bike is back together and working correctly by then.

Would hate to get out there and have issues first thing.

Have you been there before? I've been warned it's quite rocky (no biggie after Brown :ride:) and usually damages your bike. Also, there are few single track trails, mostly jeep roads w/2-way traffic.

If you know some single track there I'd be in. Otherwise it's Brushy for me Saturday. LMK.

It's O.K during the week when hardly anybody is there. It is very rocky in places, no single track. It is really for four wheel drives, on the weekends it gets a very slow,some times even at a stop for the four wheel drives. It is short, about 19 miles total(if I remember right). I think it is OK, but I would not go on a bike on weekend.

Well you heard the man. You're welcome to ride Brushy w/me, I know it fairly well.

Hey, dailyR1ver Do you know about Twin Oaks near Asheboro?

Anyone going to Uwharrie tomorrow 7/8/11 I'm planning on heading that way in the morning. Its tough around here to find anyone riding!!

Anyone going to Uwharrie tomorrow 7/8/11 I'm planning on heading that way in the morning. Its tough around here to find anyone riding!!

I can't ride Uwharrie tomorrow even though I would like to check that place out sometime in the near future but if you want to ride Brown mountain early (7:00ish) I'll be there running a killer loop with lot's of fun technical trails. I was at Brown early Tuesday morning and had the whole place totally to myself. Your welcome to come along if it's not too much of a drive for you.

I'd love to ride Brown mtn one day can't make it that far tomorrow about 5 hours away. Have a good time!!

You're driving to Brown from Nevada!?!

May go there Sat. Depending on weather, but 9:00 would be earliest.

What class do you race in?

I'd love to except for the whole jet skiing thing yesterday left me so sore I can barely walk lol. Tried riding a little earlier and was dangerously weak to be trying to keep this heavy thing under control.

You're driving to Brown from Nevada!?!

May go there Sat. Depending on weather, but 9:00 would be earliest.

What class do you race in?

LOL hell yeah I drove from Las Vegas to Brown just for kicks:smirk:. Seriously though, I have been living about thirty minutes away from Brown for about a year now since moving back from NV and just started riding the place recently.

I got up there at about 7:00 AM this morning to the always liked totally empty parking lot and rode a nice solo loop that included 3 to 1B to 4connector to 2 to 7 to 5 to 8 and finshed out with 9. I had major rear brake failure on 9 since my pads were totally done and I didn't realize FunCycles was closed this week and my extra pads ended up being fronts so I went riding anyway figuring what little pads I had left would squeeze me by and it did until the middle of 9. I still rode an ok pace with fronts only and came out of the woods right before 10 since I took a couple of breaks in between trails.

I don't race but like to ride. I have some buddies that have been hounding me to race moto and some GNCC stuff around here but I'm just having too much fun freeriding to get all serious about running any type of series.

I'm getting ready to post a little vid thread about Brown from today as soon as I get my vids from my helmet cam down loaded. My wife wanted to know what it feels like to ride woods so I set my camera up to give her a riders point of view of some of the trails. I should have it posted up sometime tonight hopefully. Let's ride sometimes? Cheers

Yeah, maybe we can ride some tomorrow, again depending on weather. Brushy is an hour closer to me & I'm riding w/some buds, unless we all go to Brown. If we do go look me up, I have some KTM rear brake pads that have plenty of material on them, they just squeak badly. I'm in a silver Subaru pulling a converted Jet Ski trailer.

They're faster than me (I'm Super Senior C class) but usually wait up, so you're welcome to hang w/us.

We'll be at Brown @ 8:30. What are you riding/driving?

Bob Rose