02 cr250 bogging down low

my 02 cr250 has been boggin, down low very bad. when i get on the throttle it sputters and hesitates up until i get into the higher rpm range then it runs perfect. im running a NGK BR8EG gapped at 29 - 32, running 40:1 oil/ gas mix.

what would be the best thing to do to try and get the bike to have more power down low, and be more responsive down low instead of hesitating.

here is a vid of the bike to show what i mean about hesitation down low.

i would go down one size on the pilot jet and i would drop the needle one groove by raising the clip and see if that helps...if you do a lot of that type riding to where you cant keep the bike cleared out then i would also drop one tooth on the front or go up 2 or 3 teeth on the back

What bluedawg said and after watching the video I'd also stay away from little wooden bridges with chicken wire on them :confused: sorry man just messin with ya couldn't resist :thumbsup:

My CR125 has the exact same problem, sounds exactly the same, every time I start it after stopping for any reason it will misfire like that. Will be interesting to see what it is, some one said it was ignition issues...

Rich

I never really heard it open up, so I do not want to comment on your main.

Drop the needle one clip and try a smaller pilot screw. Learn how to determine pilot size with the air screw.

I'm running a 37.5 pilot, needle clip second position a 370-380 main

Also adjust your power valve cables

Lastley I'd run a hotter plug try an 8

also the air screw is in all the way, could that effect it in anyway? i havent messed with the air screw at all. power valve cables are tight.

if the air screw is all the way in that maybe your problem, try gacking it out 2 turns. If it is the air screw or jetting causing the problem it should be smoking pretty bad, if not it may be ignition. is the air filter clean?

if the air screw is all the way in that maybe your problem, try gacking it out 2 turns. If it is the air screw or jetting causing the problem it should be smoking pretty bad, if not it may be ignition. is the air filter clean?

yup air filter is clean, and is does smoke pretty bad, alot more than my 125 did, once i ride it for a bit it doesnt smoke as much but when i first start it and for the first 10 minutes of riding it smokes like mad