Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Sleepy Hollow: How's in for one or two days?

I'm going to Sleepy on Saturday. Unfortunately, it is Mothers day on Sunday, so that is out as I an married:lol:. It's all good! Anyway, my boys volleyball team made the playoffs. Don't know how, but they did! So it is one more game on Sunday, unless they win that, then one more for the Championship the following Sunday. After that it's ON!!!.

So anyhow, who is going there this weekend. I will be there this Saturday in the big ole blue van. Maybe revitup and Zao will be there? Emerybrian? YZ250fpegged?

Oh yeah, we will be down at Pagoda the next mainline race. Dman is chomping on the bit for that race real bad! I just want to hang out all weekend with the guys from this site. I hope it doesn't rain.

Baseball this weekend somewhere in Bally, PA both days. I think the next time I can ride is Pagoda on 5/21/11. I had to use up the Ultimate Vouchers I had and raced the mud race at Doublin Gap, actually finished 6 out of 16 in Vet C. 10 out of 14 in 40B. That was the worst I ever rode in.

Zao had two new radiators at Doublin Gap start leaking bad this weekend. He ran the practice, no wrecks or anything, came off to see the radiators spitting fluid all over the place. Not sure if he'll have his bike ready or not.

Catch you soon.

I talked to him. It was a loose radiator fitting. No kidding. He was pissed about that, cause he likes the mud.

See you at Pagoda then. We are ready to take on those "dogs" in the 85 class again. I'll be racing too!

Anyone else ever us the auto spell feature on there Droid based phone? How do you turn it off? Evertime I type something, it takes my words and twists them around and makes garbley-goo out of what I type!! So the thread should read " Sleepy Hollow: Who's in for one or two days?".

I'm still undecided. Waiting to hear if track will be reversed for the weekend. My first race at Sleepy was was the first time they switched to the current direction, so the old way would be all new to me.

Nice ride Grant! When was the last time you raced? Seems like it's been a long time.

Sorry, no help with the Droid. I'm sure your son could figure it out in like 10 seconds though!

Sorry, no help with the Droid. I'm sure your son could figure it out in like 10 seconds though!

:confused:

:thumbsup: OK I will try that!!

Nice ride Grant! When was the last time you raced? Seems like it's been a long time.

Ha, I looked it up...11/2009 at Happy Ramblers. What a race to come back to. They have a video on D6 of the conditions, whew!

Anyone else ever us the auto spell feature on there Droid based phone? How do you turn it off? Evertime I type something, it takes my words and twists them around and makes garbley-goo out of what I type!! So the thread should read " Sleepy Hollow: Who's in for one or two days?".

Try this:

How to Enable or Disable Auto-Complete Feature...

1. Touch and Drag Up "Applications Tab"

2. Select "Settings"

3. Select "Language & Keyboard"

4. Select "Android keyboard" Onscreen keyboard settings.

5. Select "Auto-Complete" Spacebar and punctuation automatically insert highlighted word. (ON/OFF)

I'm going to Sleepy on Saturday. Unfortunately, it is Mothers day on Sunday, so that is out as I an married:lol:. It's all good! Anyway, my boys volleyball team made the playoffs. Don't know how, but they did! So it is one more game on Sunday, unless they win that, then one more for the Championship the following Sunday. After that it's ON!!!.

So anyhow, who is going there this weekend. I will be there this Saturday in the big ole blue van. Maybe revitup and Zao will be there? Emerybrian? YZ250fpegged?

You would think with me living 10 minutes away, I'd be there, but I'm too out of it anymore to do any racing! I'm hoping to just hit up Irish Valley next weekend!

I'm at the track already. Double after the start is now a table. Didn't explore too much more since it's hard with a flashlight.

I'm parked 2nd row down from the food stand area, I think a little before it. Little old class c with one white and one chrome side mirror, silver/black trailer, and chevy ez-up.

Hey honda where are you gonna park?

Over by Emery Brian maybe. If that doesn't work, probably down where I did the last time.

Hey Zao, good thing they changed that double huh?

You would think with me living 10 minutes away, I'd be there, but I'm too out of it anymore to do any racing! I'm hoping to just hit up Irish Valley next weekend!

Just come out for practice. That's all I'm doing this time, Mother's Day and all.:thumbsup:

Just come out for practice. That's all I'm doing this time, Mother's Day and all.:thumbsup:

Ha, that's me, Saturday practicer. I ran one race this year though. Get to keep my national number :confused:

Don't they charge a boat load of money ($30+) and you don't really get all that much time on the track??

Don't they charge a boat load of money ($30+) and you don't really get all that much time on the track??

All the practice days before a race day are typically $25 or $30. The problem is more and more tracks are charging the gate fee ($10) even if you don't stay and race on Sunday. Happy Ramblers was the first to start this a couple of years ago and now all the tracks are following suit.

Some tracks run their Saturday practices better than others too.

============================================

Others that went. So how was the track/racing, same direction for the track? This may have been the first weekend with two good weather days in a while.

Track was same direction as before, double after the start is now a table. Lots of other little changes, several were fun, many were just awkward. Conditions were good Saturday, then they soaked it more than I've ever seen a track do before. Zao left after practice it was so muddy. Track was muddier than practice before MDRA round 1 a month ago when it rained 3" the day before. It eventually got dusty but still had lots of deep awkward ruts.

Most impressive rider by far was Nick Desiderio. Got holeshots in 250B and OpenB, then caught and passed every A rider on the track including Cook, Sidle, etc., and he did this at least twice! And I think he was on a 250 beating the guys on 450s in Open A.

Tim696's boy went down hard after the Bonzai and they were gone before I could find them. Anybody hear how he's doing?

Track was same direction as before, double after the start is now a table. Lots of other little changes, several were fun, many were just awkward. Conditions were good Saturday, then they soaked it more than I've ever seen a track do before. Zao left after practice it was so muddy. Track was muddier than practice before MDRA round 1 a month ago when it rained 3" the day before. It eventually got dusty but still had lots of deep awkward ruts.

Most impressive rider by far was Nick Desiderio. Got holeshots in 250B and OpenB, then caught and passed every A rider on the track including Cook, Sidle, etc., and he did this at least twice! And I think he was on a 250 beating the guys on 450s in Open A.

Tim696's boy went down hard after the Bonzai and they were gone before I could find them. Anybody hear how he's doing?

He told me that last night. I guess he wasn't alone, as there is a discussion on the D6MX board about the very same thing. I thought the track changes were doable, at least for me, but I agree. They seemed "awkward". Small jumps, aka 80's stuff. They were rhythm jumps, but somehow they weren't built right, as it took a few practices for them to break in, if that is what you call it. Then you had to hit the "groove" on the jumps, because they were damned hard to do out of the grove.

I have never hit the Bonzai in the other direction. It appears to me that the jump has potential to take out a lot of people in the old direction. Please say it just looks that way? As much as I like Jere, I think the track is going in the wrong direction, but that is my opinion (wrong as in preparation and obstacles. Haven't rode it the other way since like '91 or so-just staid away for 20 years). Judging by the talk in the pits on Saturday, when I was there, that seems to be the consensus.

Also glad to meet JUMPING JOE and EMERYBRIAN! See you guys at Pagoda! Now that is a great, challenging , safe track. If somethings wrong they seem to be on it!!!

But then again, I staid away from that place for 20 years also; time will tell if it is just a one hit wonder, as I have only rode there once this year!

He is ok thanks for asking trashed his left knee getting an mri tomorrow went to the er on sunday x-rays show no broken bones but they had to drain the knee from blood caused by ligament damage or torn we will find out and has a contusion on the knee also

Yeah, nice meeting you too Greg! Yeah, pagoda is one of my favorite tracks for sure. That will be a tough one to choose between pagoda and Englishtown. Hurricane this weekend, I love that place!