Sign in to follow this  

LoJack

Just wondering does LoJack make a system for dirtbike?

yes..... but with issues...

http://www.lojack.com/motorcycle/pages/motorcycle-recovery.aspx

I think you can use them on some dirtbikes (battery) biggest problem would be small batteries, where to mount the unit and it does void the lojack warranty...

its made for the easy environment of the road...

quote from lojack...

Can LoJack be installed on off-road motorcycles?

The LoJack unit has been designed to be installed in on-highway motorcycles and has been environmentally tested to perform in riding conditions associated with on-highway usage. Due to vehicle battery size and riding conditions, LoJack does not recommend that the unit be installed on ATV, dirt or scooter motorcycles. If the unit is installed in these motorcycles, the warranty will be void due to improper installation.

• Like 1

well does anyone make a system for a 2 stroke ( no battery)

the kids down the road are at that age where they like my toys

and may sneak around to get them out to play with

well does anyone make a system for a 2 stroke ( no battery)

the kids down the road are at that age where they like my toys

and may sneak around to get them out to play with

Time to start locking your place up, and sit on your front porch cleaning your shotgun. Make sure they are watching, you don't want them to miss a thing :thumbsup:

I had one stolen before I knew insurance on all 5 of my bikes was about 200 bucks a YEAR!

now I dont sweat it quite so much, As others have said lock them down and watch them.

I have not seen any lojack for motocross bikes, it seems any system that has a transmitter will need a battery to work, maybe there is one but Im not aware of it, good luck..

there are other things besides lojack.. You can buy gps locating devices that work off rechargeable bats.. you have to buy a cell plan for it to work.. you should have insurance ontop of it but atleast if it gets stolen you can find out where its at and nail the bastards who stole it before they damage it.. maybe even finding other bikes also..

I have insurance on my bikes but thinking even if they get stolen I still wont be able to replace my bike and all parts with out money coming out of my own pocket..

that and the time from it getting stolen till I could ride again would be at minimum 2 weeks more like 4-8 or longer if you have an older bike that wasn't worth much..

another option is to install a cellphone into your bike set the phone to auto answer no ring or vibrate no lights and right down the imei and cell number if your bike is stolen call the police give them the imei number and phone number and they can then track the phone to recover the bike.

you could hide it in the airbox, or maybe make a fake radiator coolent catch can with the phone in there.. Just remember to keep the thing charged cause well a dead battery wont be a good thing.

Secrecy is the best security but that is already blown.

Next is making it look like being caught is high risk; install motion detector lights and security cameras. Our HOA installed Swan fake security cameras (they come with signs), sure reduced the traffic thru the neighbor hood.

Then consider real security cameras that record, may not stop the theft but provides vengeance. Costco has them.

Then make the bikes difficult to move. I put combination padlocks from Home Depot in the brake rotors so the bikes can't roll away.

another option is to install a cellphone into your bike set the phone to auto answer no ring or vibrate no lights and right down the imei and cell number if your bike is stolen call the police give them the imei number and phone number and they can then track the phone to recover the bike.

you could hide it in the airbox, or maybe make a fake radiator coolent catch can with the phone in there.. Just remember to keep the thing charged cause well a dead battery wont be a good thing.

+1, a $20 prepaid phone, turned on, set on silent mode and placed in the air box.