Sign in to follow this  

Honda... valve problems... what years ?

Hey guys sorry if im intruding but I just got a crf250r too. so I just traded my bike yesterday for a crf250R 2005 which I have always wanted ever since I started riding. I was able to find this one in pretty good condition so thought to myself why not? I ride it and it seems fine although a little hard to start. I trade it and next day trying to go for a little ride inmy backyard, I attempt to start the bike only to find it is able to start after around 30 kicks. Once it starts and is fairly warmed up. I put it in gear and notice the idle is pretty high and if I release the clutch the idle goes down to normal but the bike goes a bit on its own, Im thinking its the throttle or clutch cable (which I will replace anyways). Once i get it started and ride for a while it runs really nice although if i gas it hard in low gear it tends to bog down making me have to gas it slowly and precisely while taking off to prevent it from bogging.If it dies or i kill it, I can easily turn it back on as oposed to cold start. Ive also noticed a bit of clean oil leaking today from O-ring linking the clutch clutch cover with the motor right under were the clutch cable is fed into the clutch. Strange. I dont think this has to do with the starting problem cause im thinking its more of a carb issue but its still something i want to fix.

:usa:

Thanks so much!!

And back to the subject at hand....FYI I just read that RV gets 5 hours of practice (yes, that is right, five hours) on his Kawi before they need to be changed and he gets a fresh set for every race.

It's not just Honda's

Jim.