Sign in to follow this  

CRF150R Returns for 2012

Well the skeptics relaying the demise of the CRF150R were WRONG :confused:

http://www.vitalmx.com/features/2012-Honda-Models,3159

No MAJOR earth shattering changes, but a bit of development taking place (sure beats BNG) :thumbsup:

Would have liked to have seen something different added like a CRF150X ... but then again, there has been no new "X" models since 09 either.

2012 CRF150RB-Expert/CRF150R

Look at the 2012 CRF150R/RB and you can tell by its new styling treatment it’s an integral part of the CRF MX racing family. And as good-looking as it might be, the CRF150R’s racing credentials run even stronger. Thanks to a new cylinder head, piston, camshaft and carburetor, this 2012 model boasts improved power, torque and driveability throughout the powerband. Updated suspension settings front and rear produce improved action through even the toughest of track conditions. All of which reinforce the CRF150R’s premier position in racing circles.

New for 2012

- New cylinder head, piston, camshaft and carburetor improve power, torque and driveability throughout the powerband.

- Revised suspension settings front and rear produce improved action through even the toughest of track conditions.

Judging from how many of us old guys are using them, Honda should have optional stiffer "adult springs", lower pegs and bar risers available.

Anyone seen an MSRP yet? I would think they are going to have to keep it pretty reasonable with those slight changes and all the 09-10's that are still on show room floors. But, this may drive down the price on some of the new hold overs too. I might need a second one! :thumbsup:

I'm looking at picking one up for a off road bike, but it seems all that's reasonable are small wheels, now I see a 2012, with se changes, I wonder if it would be a better starting point?

There was no 2010 models offered in US. Expect it to be $5000 MSRP and dealers will sell them for that until all the old stock is gone. No pictures yet, woulder if the frame changed??

There was no 2010 models offered in US. Expect it to be $5000 MSRP and dealers will sell them for that until all the old stock is gone. No pictures yet, woulder if the frame changed??

I've seen pictures; Honda's dealer's website offers the bike's photo with 360 capability. This same website enumerates the various changes for 2012, no frame changes were listed.

The picture shows a 2012 model that is visually identical to the 2007-09 models....with the possible exception of BNG.

(see the other thread on this forum)

Be Awesome to get some fuel injection.... on the smaller motors... SOME day...

A updated 2012 150X model would be nice also... Hope the Honda rep will be accurate.....

Edited by nick250f

no more 150f, hmm didn't know that. when did they stop that bike? I wonder how much more power this '12 model is making (150r). I'm assuming the '12 top end will bolt up to the case of the '07-'09

My wife spoke with the Honda reps at the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca this weekend and they said Honda just told the dealers that there will be a 2012 CRF150X.

Then they neglected to tell THIS dealer.

Would like to see them drop the 150R motor into the 150F chassis, add lights and call it an X. Power, wheel size, lights, price point....best of all worlds.

Trail bikes don't need motocross-grade suspension.