Sign in to follow this  

IMS Tank Help! Picture request!

I picked up a 3.2 IMS tank from a local guy that came off of a 2006 KX450f. I assumed the tank would fit but went to install today and Im having trouble with where the wire "H" is on top of the rear part of the frame.

What I need:

-Some pictures of the bottom of you guys IMS 3.2 Gallon Tanks, I think they may have updated the tank since 06.

-Any wiring harness rerouting if you guys did any.

Thanks!

Josh

I picked up a 3.2 IMS tank from a local guy that came off of a 2006 KX450f. I assumed the tank would fit but...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...the packaging my 3.2 IMS tank came in says it fits 2006-07 KX450 and 2007(!)-2008 KLX450. Hope this helps.

Did you guys have any trouble with where the rear of the tank sits on the frame? Thats what I need pictures of.

Thanks

Josh

thanks for the pics jimmy! You see in the first picture where the tank looks like its sitting on those wires and overflow line? is actually sitting on it or is it a channel there for those to run through?

Thanks

Josh

As far as I know they are not pinched off, I believe they move pretty freely. Also, I had zero trouble with mounting near the seat or the stem. I did drill out the petcock hole so that the KLX twin tube reserve petcock would fit. I have had no problems at all.

The IMS Tank that has the update for the wire loom has an ID mark of "KX35" molded into it near the seat post.

Its a KX31. Doesnt work. Oh well, thanks for the help guys.

Josh

if this tank has a spot for the klx wires -- does it work with klx shrouds now?

I like the look of the ims tank better than the acerbis - which swallows the seat

how about the acerbis 4.1 - anyone using it?

Its a KX31. Doesnt work. Oh well, thanks for the help guys.

Josh

So if it does have the "KX31" molded into it, you cant get it to work at all?

Heat gun?? Done that before, works well to add clearance, just don't over do it.

I know you have to rewire some wires if its a KX31 tank to fit on the 08KLX450. does anyone know how to do this? its cause its the older tanks that dont have the wire loom to let them fit through without pinching. if i heat gun it will that be enough room so i wont have to reroute the wiring?

You can make as much or as little room you want with the heat gun, be careful though, results may vary (that's my non liability statement!)