Sign in to follow this  

A little help please

I have a 2000 Honda xr650l. I was in the process of adjusting valves and changing oil, plug, and a new battery when a tornado hit my home. My bike is ok but I can not find the "long bolt" that holds my Clark 4 gallon tank on, nor can I find the two support brackets and bolts that go on the front of my Clark gas tank? Can I assume I can order such as this from Service Honda? Any and all suggestions would be very grateful.

nope, more then likey you will need to go to clark or your local ACE hardware store or you can just make the bracket

Thanks for your reply. I was kinda thinking about making two replacement brackets. If I remember correct, the bolts on these brackets had 12mm heads? If I buy new bolts is this the information I need? The "long bolt" that holds the rear of the gas tank would be what size you think? I have a very good bolt source if I know what to ask for. Thanks again for your help.

"A tornado hit my house, but the bike is ok." haha Nice one.

Screws are sized by thread size, not the head size. Can you measure the hole with calipers? Take the number and round up to the next whole mm size. It'll probably be either a 5mm or a 6mm. As for length, just guessing, it should be around 20mm.

Yes tornado tore up the house. Walls of storage room fell on my 650l. Got two busted blinkers but every thing else looks good. Thanks for your reply, and help

Yes tornado tore up the house. Walls of storage room fell on my 650l. Got two busted blinkers but every thing else looks good. Thanks for your reply, and help

Sorry to hear about the damage.........the rear bolt is 6mm x 20mm long......

Do you have the Clarke 4 gallon or 4.7........

B

If it is a 4.7 gallon, the front support brackets are an easy fabrication job. Cut out some aluminum flat stock, drill a couple of holes, give them a slight twist.... done!

I lost the rear bolt for my tank a loooong time ago. A trip to the "bolt box" solved the problem (the original bolt is probably still lurking in the bolt box somewhere). I wouldn't buy an OEM bolt from Honda.

I gave false information. My 650l has a IMS 4 gallon tank. My 650r has the Clark tank. I call IMS and I can get both brackets and all 5 bolts for $10.00. So ordered the kit from them. Thanks every one for your reply and help. Sorry for the wrong information