Sign in to follow this  

pitbike pitfalls

I'm thinking of buying a 2006 crf70 just for stunting around the driveway/yard, and letting my girlfriends grandson ride. I found a used one but the swingarm has been powder coated black and brand new rims have been laced up. I looked it over and it all seems OK. Swingarm bushings and wheel bearings seemed tight it has a new chain and sporkets, tires. It starts right up and idles nice and seemed to ride OK. Is there anything I should watch out for on these bikes?

From what I hear they don't like to die and if anything is wrong with it parts are very cheap, you can buy a Lifan 100cc motor for 300 and that's probly the most expensive part of the bike!! And it not too old I have a 2007 runs lime a top if it's a good price I'd say get it

Well I bought it. The PO even had the orginal plastic. I cleaned it up really good and put the stock plastic back on and it looks and runs great. The thing is a blast to ride around.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Southwest ORV
      Hello friends, 
      6 months ago I encouraged my six-year-old son to learn to ride our little 2007 CRF50F. He rode a little, but kept panicking and having small spills, and I sensed it was becoming a negative experience for him. He had lost all confidence. So I gave it a break, and now, 6 months later, he's back in the saddle. Yesterday at dinner I cheerfully encouraged him to try again. He cautiously agreed, and after about 1 minute of seat time he was off. I think 6 months of strength, mental ability, etc made the difference. Maybe more than anything his confidence boosted and now he's grinning ear to ear. Here's a little video from last night...

• By Southwest ORV
      Hello friends, 
      Seeing as how school was about to begin, I took my boys on a 16-mile exploration ride through the country. Along the way we found a neat levee, and the boys rode across it on their little Honda dirt bikes (CRF50F and CRF70F). These little bikes are awesome. Dirt bikes are a great way to spend time together, in my opinion. 

• By Southwest ORV
      Hello friends, 
      I pushed my boys to ride a little harder on a recent ride. No one got hurt, and nothing broke. It's so fun to watch them improving in their skills...