Las Vegas Format?

Supercross

Does anyone know how the qualifying will go this weekend in Vegas for the 250's?

Since this is the first time pts will be counted for the 250's do they run all the East coast in one heat and then the West coast in the second heat and then 20 riders from both coasts in the main? Or is there 2 seperate 250 qualifying heats? (heat 1 & 2 East , Heat 1 &2 West then seperate mains)

A few freinds and myself are in a Fantasy MX league and we don't know how to pick our riders this weekend since we don't know what the format is.

Hi Darrin (I think it's you).....

What fantasy leauge do you guys use?

Dan

Wow. Hey Dan! I haven't been on here in years but I knew this might be the best place to ask considering how many members there are.

I didn't expect to see anyone on here from the olden days! How are you?

Our fantasy league is www.momudslingers.com

Just a couple of us Missouri boys playing for bragging rights. There's a lot better chance of winning when there's only 5 or 6 playing. Of course that means the pot is much smaller too. lol

Does anyone know how the qualifying will go this weekend in Vegas for the 250's?

Since this is the first time pts will be counted for the 250's do they run all the East coast in one heat and then the West coast in the second heat and then 20 riders from both coasts in the main? Or is there 2 seperate 250 qualifying heats? (heat 1 & 2 East , Heat 1 &2 West then seperate mains)

A few freinds and myself are in a Fantasy MX league and we don't know how to pick our riders this weekend since we don't know what the format is.

Lites West Main 15 laps for points.

Lites East Main 15 laps for points.

(they will flip a coin to see who goes first)

Then a 10 lap Lites shoot out,with the top 10 guys from each coast.

Qualifying for the mains will be done by practice times.

Also will be one LCQ

Also will be one LCQ

Sounds like it will be pretty fun! I cant wait! I am still hoping Hanny and Barcia meet up

Does all of this start at 7pm Vegas time? Me and the wife are making our 1st trip to Vegas and wanted to see the sites and then come to see race, i know practice starts at noon'ish, atleast it did when they raced here in Dallas. We are ok missing practice but DO NOT want to miss any of the heat races. Also i tried to save money on flight and picked one that departs at 12:45am, are we going to be able to watch the final 450 race?

Thanks exmlb. I don't know where you got that info but that's what I was looking for.

Does all of this start at 7pm Vegas time? Me and the wife are making our 1st trip to Vegas and wanted to see the sites and then come to see race, i know practice starts at noon'ish, atleast it did when they raced here in Dallas. We are ok missing practice but DO NOT want to miss any of the heat races. Also i tried to save money on flight and picked one that departs at 12:45am, are we going to be able to watch the final 450 race?

I would sure hope everything would be over by midnight Vegas time. My Directv DVR scheduler shows it runs live from 9pm to 12:30am so 3 1/2 hours.

You'll be done by 10:30pm assuming the lights don't go out in Vegas again. lol

BTW; If you want to see all the sights in Vegas AND go to the SX race, not only should you already be there but left 2 weeks ago.

Thanks exmlb. I don't know where you got that info but that's what I was looking for.

NP...where in MO are ya? I grew up in Nevada, MO.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000103957/news/2011-supercross-lites-format-change/

“This year the two Lites classes will each compete in their own 15 lap main event with championship points being awarded to their respective region. Once both champions have been awarded their hardware, the top nine finishers from each region’s main event will transfer to the shootout. A last chance qualifier will send two final riders to the much anticipated Dave Coombs Sr. East/West Shootout.”

I would sure hope everything would be over by midnight Vegas time. My Directv DVR scheduler shows it runs live from 9pm to 12:30am so 3 1/2 hours.

You'll be done by 10:30pm assuming the lights don't go out in Vegas again. lol

BTW; If you want to see all the sights in Vegas AND go to the SX race, not only should you already be there but left 2 weeks ago.

We could only wish, we are doing the poor mans trip, fly in night before, leave next night after...:thumbsup: I know we can't see them all.

We could see a few things the night we land, and some during the day Saturday..then get to races. Hey at least we are going!!

Counting the days...

NP...where in MO are ya? I grew up in Nevada, MO.

So you grew up out in the Joplin area huh? Im in Springfield about a hour away.

We could only wish, we are doing the poor mans trip, fly in night before, leave next night after...:confused: I know we can't see them all.

We could see a few things the night we land, and some during the day Saturday..then get to races. Hey at least we are going!!

Counting the days...

Just don't go to sleep and you'll have time to see some stuff. :thumbsup:

what happens in ....:thumbsup:

Not trying to make this any worse, and understand that some people have to work for a living, we ended up getting there Friday and leaving at o'dark:30 on Monday night. Somehow we saved money by staying longer and would have been cheaper if we got there Thursday.

Good to see we have so many TT-ers heading out for the finals...

-Kerry

So you grew up out in the Joplin area huh? Im in Springfield about a hour away.

Yep...went to Springfield a few times...mostly for baseball, basketball and football and usually got our asses handed to us by Parkview??? Been a while..1984 to be exact.

Just don't go to sleep and you'll have time to see some stuff. :thumbsup:

Who sleeps in Vegas? Sleep when you get home. I swear they pump oxygen into the room along with noises of winning slot machines.

Here's the LV event schedule -

Las Vegas Event Schedule

5/3/2011

Friday

Registration Times:

Saturday 9:00am - 12:00 pm Rider / Mechanic / Bonus Awards Participant Registration at the Venue

Tech Inspection Times (including 65 & 85):

Saturday 9:00am - 11:30am At the venue

Sound Testing Times:

Friday 12:00 pm – 3 pm at the venue

Saturday 9:00 am – 11:30 am at the venue

Paddock Hours:

Friday 9:00 am – 10:00 pm (no re-entry after 10:00pm)

Saturday 8:00 am Paddock Opens

Notes:

For this event, the Lites purse will be paid out for the east-west shootout Only. The east and west main events will only pay Championship points.

For the Lites class, the 20 fastest east riders from timed qualifying will be seeded in the east coast main event and the 20 fastest west riders from timed qualifying will be seeded in the west coast main event.

.***Lites main event order (east/west) will be determined by coin toss held at the riders meeting.

For the Supercross class, the 40 fastest riders from Timed Qualifying will advance to the evening program (the Fast 40). In the Supercross Class only, a rider who is currently in the Top 10 in points that fails to make the Fast 40 will be placed as 21st gate pick in the first heat race

9:00am – 11:00am Semi Truck Parking (Factory and Independent)

11:30am – 1:30pm Privateer Paddock Parking

Saturday

11:00am - 11:30am Rider's Track Walk (includes 65 & 85 riders)

11:30am - 11:45am 65 & 85 Mandatory Riders Meeting at AMA Truck

11:30am – 11:45am Riders Meeting (Mandatory)

11:45am - 12:00pm Chapel Service

12:20pm - 12:28pm Lites Group C Free Practice

12:30pm - 12:38pm Lites East Free Practice

12:40pm - 12:48pm Lites West Free Practice

12:50pm – 12:58pm SX Group A Free Practice

1:00pm – 1:08pm SX Group B Free Practice

1:10pm - 1:18pm 65cc Practice

1:20pm - 1:28pm 85cc Practice

1:30pm – 1:45pm Track Maintenance

1:45 pm - 1:55pm Lites Group C Qualifying Practice

1:59pm – 2:09pm Lites East Qualifying Practice

2:13pm – 2:23pm Lites West Qualifying Practice

2:27pm – 2:37pm SX Group A Qualifying Practice

2:41pm – 2:51pm SX Group B Qualifying Practice

2:55 pm – 3:03pm 65cc Heat (4 laps)

3:07 pm – 3:15pm 85cc Heat (4 laps)

3:15pm - 3:35pm Track Maintenance

3:35pm - 3:45pm Lites Group C Qualifying Practice

3:50pm – 4:00pm Lites West Qualifying Practice

4:05pm - 4:15pm Lites East Qualifying Practice

4:20pm - 4:30pm SX Group A Qualifying Practice

4:35pm - 4:45pm SX Group B Qualifying Practice

4:50 pm – 5:00pm 65cc Main Event (6 laps)

5:05 pm -5:15 pm 85cc Main Event (6 laps)

5:15pm - 5:30pm 65cc & 85cc Victory Circle

5:15pm - 6:45pm Track Maintenance

Evening Program

7:00pm – 7:30 pm Opening Ceremonies

7:30pm – 7:50pm Supercross Lites Main Event*** – 15 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Shootout, 10-20 to LCQ)

7:50pm – 8:00pm Lites Victory Circle

8:00pm – 8:20pm Supercross Lites Main Event*** – 15 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Shootout, 10-20 to LCQ)

8:20pm – 8:30pm Lites Victory Circle

8:30pm – 8:40pm Supercross Heat #1 – 8 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Main Event, 10-20 to LCQ)

8:40pm – 8:50pm Supercross Heat #2 – 8 Laps, 20 Riders (1-9 to Main Event, 10-20 to LCQ)

8:50pm – 9:15pm Track Maintenance

9:15pm – 9:25pm Supercross Lites East/West Last Chance Qualifier – 4 Laps, 22 Riders (1-2 to Main)

9:25pm – 9:35pm Supercross Last Chance Qualifier – 6 Laps, 22 Riders (1-2 to Main)

9:40pm – 9:45pm Supercross Lites Parade Lap

9:45pm – 10:00pm Supercross Lites Dave Coombs Sr. Memorial East-West Shootout Main Event

– 10 Laps, 20 Riders

10:00pm – 10:05pm Supercross Lites Shootout Victory Circle

10:05pm – 10:10pm Supercross Parade Lap

10:10pm – 10:35pm Supercross Main Event – 20 Laps, 20 Riders

10:35pm – 10:45pm Supercross Victory Circle

Also will be one LCQ

We will see how this works out but it sounds pretty cool. The shootout must have a big prize other than bragging rights otherwise it might be a parade.

Why the crummy sig? Sour grapes over Bubba's disaster of a season or what?

It looks like the format has been addressed, but this article explains it well if anyone is still confused.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/DECIPHERING-THE-LAS-VEGAS-SUPERCROSS-SCHEDULE-7863.aspx

Sounds like I should have got a couple tickets to me... :thumbsup:

I guess the shootout is like any other year really other than a lot more action building up to it which is a great season ender I think.

This would be great to see; :confused:

"(7) For the first time this year there will be a 65cc and 85cc main event."