TTR 125 -or- KX 100 -or- Pit Bike or ..... ??????

I’m trying to decide what bike to get.

I have about 1/2 acre (mostly tight woods, no long straights) that I can use for riding. I'm looking for something small, maneuverable and quiet. I’m 6’2”, 175 lbs and raced MX many years ago.

I’m looking for something for pure fun and enjoyment.

The last bike I had was a Yamaha YZ 250F – and it was way too much bike for my small property.

Any ideas????

Thanks

My neighbor put a 144 engine in a little bit pike with a 30" seat height... that thing rips! It is kind of loud though...

I'm going to go with the KX100 though. Two strokes have easier maintenance, are lighter, and quieter. ? It will also still have a punch too it, unlike more mellow four strokes. You won't get bored with that thing! :confused:

I thought about the kx 100 but have a few concerns:

1.I'll be chugging at low speeds alot of the time.

2. When I get on it - the noise is an issue - unfortunately I live in NJ and have some neighbors. I really need something that is whisper quiet.

What about these Baja Motorsports bikes???

Thanks

You are way too big for a TTR125 and too big for a KX100. My daughter is 5' 4" and rides a KX100. Quiet, mild trail bikes you might consider are CRF230F, TT-R230. Perhaps you could consider a KDX200 two stroke and put the FMF Q on it (last year made 2006). These at least have a wide ratio transmission that allow you to go slower than the KX100 and they are full size.

You could also look at the older Honda XR's as long as they have a 21" front wheel and 18" rear wheel (i.e. full size bike).

Thanks for the thoughts.

I know that size is an issue - but I would be considering this bike to be a play bike. I wouldn't be loading it up in my truck and going riding on a proper track. It's strictly for the back yard.

Look at David Knight - he rides a 500 - 4 stroke and it looks like he's riding a 50.

I actually had a CRF 230 and hated it.

A KDX is a possibilty - but with my property size , I'll think that's still too big.

You are way too big for a TTR125 and too big for a KX100. My daughter is 5' 4" and rides a KX100. Quiet, mild trail bikes you might consider are CRF230F, TT-R230. Perhaps you could consider a KDX200 two stroke and put the FMF Q on it (last year made 2006). These at least have a wide ratio transmission that allow you to go slower than the KX100 and they are full size.

You could also look at the older Honda XR's as long as they have a 21" front wheel and 18" rear wheel (i.e. full size bike).

He's not asking for a full sized bike. He wants a bike that will be a "pit bike" for his size. That's right around the size of a KX100 / TTR125.

I thought about the kx 100 but have a few concerns:

1.I'll be chugging at low speeds alot of the time.

2. When I get on it - the noise is an issue - unfortunately I live in NJ and have some neighbors. I really need something that is whisper quiet.

What about these Baja Motorsports bikes???

Thanks

Unfortunately you're not gonna find a legitimately quiet dirtbike that's going to be any fun... A two stroke is a two stroke and a four stroke is a four stroke. Doesn't matter the brand.

If you hated your CRF230F, you're not gonna like a TTR125...it will be like a CRF230F x 50%....

Never really got the 'pit bike' concept...ie ride something too small and without proper suspension for your weight. If you're gonna do that, the KX100 is a lot more fun than a TTR125 (of course the fun factor is usually proportional to the amount of noise it makes).

How about an old trials bike, plenty of putting around to be done on one of those.