brakes suck

you can take a grinder to your pads or rub them on concrete to break the glaze. Sand your rotor with some light sand paper to break the glaze also. I like to polish the brake pad pin chucked up in a drill and polish the contact point on your brake lever.

I find the YZ brakes the same..weak with lots of lever travel and you get the feeling they might not do the job. However, for me at least, they work just fine considering you don't use the brakes nearly as much.

If you want more feel, have you thought about going to a steel braided line?

ill try using a steel braided line.. ive bled them twice tryin to get them better but ill try the braided line or else ill let them be lol i dont wanna spend $$ on a new MC

You can get a MC for less than a steel line. The braided lines don't really do anything for feel anyway, the problem is in the MC.

I paid $30 for a Honda master cylinder, brake line, caliper and pads on EBay.

You can get a MC for less than a steel line. The braided lines don't really do anything for feel anyway, the problem is in the MC.

I paid $30 for a Honda master cylinder, brake line, caliper and pads on EBay.

Really? I have friends who did the braided brake lines on their bikes and their brakes are phenomenal. But maybe that's just what adding new fluid and all will do.

My 07 125 with standard brakes stops real good. I think you must have issues with setup.

You should pressure bleed them and put some honda pads in. Then you good to go....or stop.

Really? I have friends who did the braided brake lines on their bikes and their brakes are phenomenal. But maybe that's just what adding new fluid and all will do.

I did a braided line on my 125 and noticed absolutely no difference. The location of the "fluid feed hole", for lack of a better term, on the YZ master cylinder piston is poorly placed. This is why you have to pull the lever so far.

On my 250 I first did the CR M/C, caliper and pads, and noticed marked improvement in regulation, power, and lever travel. Then I added the 270mm Batfly rotor. Now I have really good brakes.

I find the braided lines to be hype. I've never noticed a difference except in that they look cool, whether it be dirt or street bike.

I did a braided line on my 125 and noticed absolutely no difference. The location of the "fluid feed hole", for lack of a better term, on the YZ master cylinder piston is poorly placed. This is why you have to pull the lever so far.

On my 250 I first did the CR M/C, caliper and pads, and noticed marked improvement in regulation, power, and lever travel. Then I added the 270mm Batfly rotor. Now I have really good brakes.

I find the braided lines to be hype. I've never noticed a difference except in that they look cool, whether it be dirt or street bike.

REALLY? Is that why the stock mc sucks? GOOD INFO!

I agree with the brake lines being hype. I believe the reason they help some so much is because it forces people to use new fluid and to bleed the brakes.

good info guys thanks.. ill look into the CR MCs on egay and also a new rotor i hate this floating disc

Study a little bit before tossing the floating disc. Its actually a much better method of making discs. Notice how the cheap ones are one piece and the expensive models are floating? he cr master is great, but a solid rotor wont do a thing unless its larger in diameter.

I'm with djmamayek on the master cylinder fluid hole thing. My bike used a lot of lever travel just to start braking, even after new pads, caliper rebuilt, master cylinder rebuild, and a new braided line (to replace the old braided line that was on there). No change.

I ended up JB Welding a small shim (I believe from a pop can) to the back of the lever in order to hold the master cylinder piston in just a little further. This took up a lot of the dead travel on the lever. Instead of pulling half way to the bar with nothing happening, then great braking, I now just have great braking. The piston needs to block off the hole that returns fluid to the resivior before braking pressure can be built, and if the piston sits too far back from that hole you get a lot of travel with nothing happening.

Thumpertalk user union7 said that he drills and taps his lever to use a small stop screw to adjust exactly where the master cylinder piston stops for best feel. One of these days I'll get around to that.

• 1 month later...

what year master cylinder should i get and will a yz brake line still work?

gonna order as soon as i get the info.. brake line has a hole in it so im going braded lines and CR MC

ALSO what year brake pedals will work for my 08 yz125? and what models will work with it? i cant find a replacement anywhere