Sign in to follow this  

Novice Rider returning to Motox

I am a 40 yr old male, 5'10 about 210lbs. I had a WR250 a few years back that I used for trail riding - some track time but nothing major. I intend to get a new (used) bike and start riding with my 12 year old son. I've found 3 that I really like but am struggling with my decision between them. What would you experts suggest?

Option 1: 2009 Yamaha YZ450F, white package with black rims, in like new condition, hour meter says 15 hours, owned by an automotive service manager who has taken immaculate care of it. Price $3999.

Option 2: 2008 Honda CRF250R, limited edition white pkg with black rims, also in like new condition, hour meter says 11 hours, has new tires and a $1200 Yoshi (dual) exhaust. Price $3900

Option 3: 2008 KTM 250 SX-F, Yoshi pipe, looks like it may have been raced, unsure of hours/maint record. Price $2700.

I'm not an expert mechanic so the 3rd one, while the price is great, scares me a little bit. I'm also a bit unsure if a 450 is too much bike for me since I don't consider myself an expert rider. What do you guys think?!

Edited by flwildcatfl
grammar

Hondas can be iffy with their valves.

Whichever bike you select get it properly sprung for your muscular weight.