Sign in to follow this  

Michigan hitting Gladwyn trail tonight - anybody game?

Need to ride. I'll probably get to the parking around 5:30-6 pm. Post up if you'd like to ride. Any hints/suggestions as to where to ride there are welcome. Is it woop-up badly now?

Stephen

Need to ride. I'll probably get to the parking around 5:30-6 pm. Post up if you'd like to ride. Any hints/suggestions as to where to ride there are welcome. Is it woop-up badly now?

Stephen

How about anywhere BUT Gladwin. Rode there once. Apron arriving back home, promptly riped that page out of my map book and deleted its existince from memory. Never again.

Here ya go

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/1,1607,7-153-10365_15070_15080-38330--,00.html

A whole state full of trails. Pick one, any one. They are all better than Gladwin.

How about anywhere BUT Gladwin. Rode there once. Apron arriving back home, promptly riped that page out of my map book and deleted its existince from memory. Never again.

Here ya go

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/1,1607,7-153-10365_15070_15080-38330--,00.html

A whole state full of trails. Pick one, any one. They are all better than Gladwin.

:thumbsup::lol::confused::lol::worthy: Call me a wuss - I live within 15 minutes of the Gladwin loop and would rather beat my own head with a hammer numerous times then ride there.

I guess if you like whooped out - sandy - high traffic quads then its a good place.

Aw, c'mon guys, cut the guy some slack. I think it should be a rite of passage that you have to ride gladwin at least once. Look it produced one of TT's finest... Our very own cmore.

If you drive a little further north you will find better trails.

LOL - yeah I was well aware o Gladwin's reputation and it definatly was challenging. The guy I was riding with (Ben) kicked my ass and pushed me to ride faster/better through those sand woops. It's actually good training - makes easier terrain a breeze..

Really like Denton apart from the deep cold water obstacles.

You guys are very lucky to have trails like you do. Nothing like this close to Chicago...

Gladwin was the very first trail I ever rode (after learning to ride in the pasture at home). Proof positive that though my husband appears sweet and kind on the outside, inside he truly is an evil, sadistic bastard.

Not exactly sure what that says about me... I'm still riding after all. :thumbsup:

Gladwin was the very first trail I ever rode (after learning to ride in the pasture at home). Proof positive that though my husband appears sweet and kind on the outside, inside he truly is an evil, sadistic bastard.

Not exactly sure what that says about me... I'm still riding after all. :worthy:

It only says that you may suffer from low self esteem and that you might be into S&M, Masochistic at the very least.:thumbsup: Hey, you asked!!!!:confused:

I'm glad I found out about this trail the easy way,..... the TT way.