Sign in to follow this  

Crush washers

Do you guys change out your crush washers every oil change? If so, where do you buy them?

im guessing any motorsports place would sell them. or the dealer, or even an autoparts place.

that said, ive never changed the one on my street bike in 30k miles.

they say you're supposed to, but why? if the old one still works, theres no reason. just dont iver tighten it, and crush the piss out of it, and it should be fine.

I don't change them every time, but probably every 3 oil changes. Just don't over torque them.

No local auto parts around me had them. I bought them from a hydraulic supply company.

I'll replace it whenever I remember. lol

I get them by the pound at the local lumber store. Super cheap.

I think that i`v replaced them once in 9 years. And i do change my oil evey 5 hours. You don`t need to crank on them to set them , so that the bolt won`t back out. If you do a search , look at the riders that strip the oil bolt , why ?

i dont change mine every time, you can get em at a hardware store in the plumbing section.

I don't bother to change mine unless I notice that there is a little oil seeping around the bolt, which is rare. It seems if you don't over torque the bolts that the crush washers seal pretty well when reused.

I change mine on my drz every time as the cases on the bike are known to crack from failure to replace them. I just buy them 10 at time from rmatv. On my other bikes I change them when I remember to.

I change mine once but it didn't need it, they work fine over and over again as long as the drain bolt isn't over tightened.

Western Power Sports lists large-quantity packs in their street bike catalog under the tools section. Get it from almost any dealer.

I reuse mine, never had one fail.

Dealer carries stock of them, if I need one i'll bring it in. If I need a lot of them, I'll look on mcmaster.

I think that i`v replaced them once in 9 years. And i do change my oil evey 5 hours. You don`t need to crank on them to set them , so that the bolt won`t back out. If you do a search , look at the riders that strip the oil bolt , why ?

Or the riders that have cracked their cases.:thumbsup: