Sunline V1 MDX lever

Well, I went down last weekend and bent my OEM clutch lever. Awww...perfect excuse to replace them both. When I bought the bike it had a Sunline folding brake lever. It's been great and I love the feel. I like the shorter levers and couldn't find dimensions on the V1 MDX. Anyone know, or mind measuring theirs? My brake lever currently just bends out so I'm going to swap out both and keep it as a backup. Thanks!

What measurement are you looking for?

Sorry. Brain fart. I just wanted to know how long the lever was. I'm just looking for a rough measurement to compare to the Sunline lever I currently have. Maybe from the pivot point to the ball end.

Sorry. Brain fart. I just wanted to know how long the lever was. I'm just looking for a rough measurement to compare to the Sunline lever I currently have. Maybe from the pivot point to the ball end.

IMG_0119.jpg

From pivot allen bolt to inside of the ball is 4.0".

thanks Krannie! that's exactly what i was looking for. just went and measured mine and it's exactly the same length. need to shop tommorrow and find the best price for a black set. modding...it never ends! :thumbsup:

Dont know if this helps... By the way I've been waiting for the SL4 perch for months and I'm told will be in stock June 1st, along with the rest of they're levers. They're hard to find at the moment, especially in black.

6d8be160.jpg

613b324b.jpg

d12f41d3.jpg

5d16e89f.jpg

Dont know if this helps... By the way I've been waiting for the SL4 perch for months and I'm told will be in stock June 1st, along with the rest of they're levers. They're hard to find at the moment, especially in black.

6d8be160.jpg

613b324b.jpg

d12f41d3.jpg

5d16e89f.jpg

Oooooh!

thanks Krannie! that's exactly what i was looking for. just went and measured mine and it's exactly the same length. need to shop tommorrow and find the best price for a black set. modding...it never ends! :thumbsup:

Oh it ends. Soon as the 'grass gets greener' and when pain of keeping what you have is greater than the cost of getting something new!

I found the V1 levers in black at the sixsixone.com site for $69/each. I'll have to call and see if they still have them in stock, but right now it's showing they do. I'd like to do the perches at some point in the near future. Just going to do some quick research and see if anyone else has the levers at a better price/free shipping.

[/b]

Oh it ends. Soon as the 'grass gets greener' and when pain of keeping what you have is greater than the cost of getting something new!

Good point!

The V1-MDX lever for the OEM perch is different than the lever for the SL4 perch. If you have any intention of getting the SL4 perch, you need to do it all at once. The hole made in the lever for the pin to slide through is a different size diameter, and the width of the lever that slides into the perch is also a different width. The SL4 perch will not be in until ATLEAST June 1st. Its been pushed back several times, and who knows for sure when it will be in, but I'm trying to be patient.

I'll have to look at the SL4 perch, but may just go w/ the levers for now. Are those the same levers. I just ask because the clutch is longer, or is that normal? I've got the same grips and love 'em! Thanks again!

I just looked at the Sunline catalog. The SL4 perch is for the clutch only, correct? I'm just going to do the levers. Need to save some cash for other upgrades.

Another question: some of the V1 Levers have a polished mounting end and some have a magnesium colored end and say Vince. Are they the same?

Yes, the clutch side is slightly longer than the brake side.

... Of course the SL4 perch is only the clutch.... the brake is attached to the master cylinder. only thing you can up grade is the clamp with a nylon sleeved side from Sunline.

I think older versions were polished, the new ones you order will be magnesium with the vince on it.

i love this place! i just keep learning. thanks for the help. i ordered the clutch lever yesterday. i'll order the brake once i get the other items i need. thanks for all the help!

They're badass levers, you'll love them. I was going to get the ASV F3s but my cousin ordered the V1s and when I saw those, they blew away the ASVs (not that the ASVs are bad) so I ordered some that day. :thumbsup:

On the V1's you can get two different lengths on the levers, just call and ask One industries which owns the patent for the V1 and distributes it.

A couple of hours ago I was washing my bike on a bent stand (not triangle) and when I was cleaning under the rear fender, I accidentally pushed it right off the stand haha. Heres the damage:

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

WOW. That definitely should not have happened. It must have landed perfectly for it to bend like that. Regardless, there's a 5 year warranty on the V1 levers. Still crazy how it bent like that.

I did that to my bike the other day at the track. I have one of those lift stands and you can bring the bike down by pushing the lever up. My foot got caught under and made my bike fell and bent the brake lever.

You should be able to a new one for free right? since there is a 5 year warrenty.