My new Truck/Toy/Bike Hauler!

Well my POS beater finally knocked for the last time

Here's my new ride

1991 Jeep Comanche 4x4

8inch lift WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

:thumbsup:

comanche.jpg

Wooo.. NICE!

is it hard getting the bike up the ramp since its so high up?

Thanks alot!

havent tried yet, Im sure itll be a little harder tho..

Goota love a Jeep.:thumbsup:

Looks like its set up for light rock crawling. Does it have lockers in the diffs and super low gearing? I would lower it and trim the fenders to clear those tires, and get a roll cage.

If that front diff is a Dana 30 it wont last long with that much tire.

Did I mention that rock crawling is my other off road hobby?

bahh the 30 will be fine, those look like only 33s. More important is whats in the rear, prob a 8.25...that should be OK too. I would def drop it about 4 inches and as mentioned, trim fenders.

Does it have the inline 6?

Great looking truck sure wish that jeep still made these.:thumbsup:

Built well then. That 8.8 is strong enough that you won't have a problem at all no matter how you drive it, plus with that 4:1 gearing it's just begging to be crawled up a waterfall. Thats the same gear ratio going into my D300. Congrats on the purchase.

Whoa, I'm glad some one re-thought that stinger!

Built well then. That 8.8 is strong enough that you won't have a problem at all no matter how you drive it, plus with that 4:1 gearing it's just begging to be crawled up a waterfall. Thats the same gear ratio going into my D300. Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks! I doubt i'll be doing any rock climbing, maybe play in the mud but for the most part it will be used just like any other pick up. :thumbsup:

And yeah that stinger was something serious!

Thanks! I doubt i'll be doing any rock crawling or anything like that, maybe play in the mud but for the most part it will be used just like any other pick up. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I doubt i'll be doing any rock crawling or anything like that, maybe play in the mud but for the most part it will be used just like any other pick up. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, I'd swap out that transfer case for a stock ratio. Will be much better for mud (you need tire spin, not low gearing). BUT the main reason is b/c that 4:1 ratio equipped xfercase is worth at minimum 500$ as that is the price for the gears alone. If it's a rubicon np241 case, you can sell that for nearly a grand. if its a np231 with a 4:1 kit, or even better,a d300 with a flip kit and twin sticks, you're looking at about 700$ back in your pocket.

Just throwing you some advice. Now if you meant to say it has 4.10 gearing in the axles, well, that's totally different and I've wasted your time :confused: haha

In all seriousness, I'd swap out that transfer case for a stock ratio. Will be much better for mud (you need tire spin, not low gearing). BUT the main reason is b/c that 4:1 ratio equipped xfercase is worth at minimum 500$ as that is the price for the gears alone. If it's a rubicon np241 case, you can sell that for nearly a grand. if its a np231 with a 4:1 kit, or even better,a d300 with a flip kit and twin sticks, you're looking at about 700$ back in your pocket.

Just throwing you some advice. Now if you meant to say it has 4.10 gearing in the axles, well, that's totally different and I've wasted your time :thumbsup: haha

No more than I will be putting it in mud Im just going to leave it like it is

but down the road who knows

either way thanks for the advice!

Im new to these type of toys! :confused:

Damn dude, that's things a beast

It will probably suck loading a bike in there though. Can you even haul a trailer with a 8inch lift?

Damn dude, that's things a beast

It will probably suck loading a bike in there though. Can you even haul a trailer with a 8inch lift?

with a drop hitch